Ladder 49 - Oct 1st

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
The previews are finally showing on TV. The previews in the theaters look great.

Only 15 more days.

EMS Maniac

Forum Probie
Hey Chimpie
I am right there with you - I can't wait to see this movie, I know it was great fun to watch them film it. (I was working in Baltimore at the time)!
If the finished product is as exciting as the actual filming process it is definately a winner!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I might actually drive an hour to the nearest theater to watch it.

I've kinda lost my intrest in Rescue Me, but Third Watch is back with new episodes so it all balances out in the end.

rescuecpt

How violent was the new Third Watch the other night? I had a hard time watching when Ty was getting beaten up...

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
I can't wait either. Looks great from the previews I've seen. We've got a big poster from it in our dispatch room at the station.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuelt@Sep 19 2004, 08:09 AM
How violent was the new Third Watch the other night? I had a hard time watching when Ty was getting beaten up...
Pretty violent, but it had a couple of twists (which I won't tell you about).

rescuecpt

Originally posted by ffemt8978+Sep 19 2004, 10:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ffemt8978 @ Sep 19 2004, 10:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rescuelt@Sep 19 2004, 08:09 AM
Pretty violent, but it had a couple of twists (which I won't tell you about). [/b][/quote]
Oh no, I saw the whole thing... I just don't like blood, guts, and violence (weird I know)... I don't do well without adrenaline. WITH adrenaline, I can handle a lot more.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuelt+Sep 20 2004, 07:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuelt @ Sep 20 2004, 07:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Sep 19 2004, 10:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-rescuelt
@Sep 19 2004, 08:09 AM
How violent was the new Third Watch the other night?  I had a hard time watching when Ty was getting beaten up...

Pretty violent, but it had a couple of twists (which I won't tell you about).
Oh no, I saw the whole thing... I just don't like blood, guts, and violence (weird I know)... I don't do well without adrenaline. WITH adrenaline, I can handle a lot more. [/b][/quote]
I don't do well without adrenaline. WITH adrenaline, I can handle a lot more.

So true. It's as if when I'm at work I'm able to separate myself from the blood and gore. I've only had one issue, and that was when I had to hold the emesis basin (puke bucket) for a lady that just wouldn't stop puking. Her family is standing there gagging, and I was pretty close myself.

It's a good thing I'm a trained professional! B)

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by MMiz@Sep 21 2004, 01:46 AM
So true. It's as if when I'm at work I'm able to separate myself from the blood and gore. I've only had one issue, and that was when I had to hold the emesis basin (puke bucket) for a lady that just wouldn't stop puking. Her family is standing there gagging, and I was pretty close myself.

It's a good thing I'm a trained professional! B)
Red biohazard bags work much better than emesis basins. More volume. :p

rescuecpt

Originally posted by SafetyPro@Sep 21 2004, 11:08 AM
Less splash too!

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Sep 21 2004, 04:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Sep 21 2004, 04:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SafetyPro@Sep 21 2004, 11:08 AM
[/b][/quote]
you still can't ditch the smell tho ;)

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
9 more days!!

(someone had to change the topic) :D

Anomalous

Forum Lieutenant
I like the old topic. We use a 1 quart Ziploc freezer bag and an embrodiery hoop. Take the hoop and separate the two rings. Put the ziploc bag inside the smaller hoop and leave the open end about 1 1/2" from the hoop. Fold the bag over the hoop. Now take the larger hoop and place it over the smaller hoop and clamp in place. You now have the bag sandwiched between the two hoops. The hoops hold the bag open for its intended use. When you arrive at ER, remove the hoops, seal the bag shut, write the date and patients name on the bag and leave it at the nurses station. They like that. Bob

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
We use the embroidery hoops with the red bags, and give the bags to the ED nurse. They just love us for that.

rescuecpt

Originally posted by ffemt8978@Sep 23 2004, 01:01 AM
We use the embroidery hoops with the red bags, and give the bags to the ED nurse. They just love us for that.
We have basically the same thing, but we buy them ready made... they are clear bags with red hoops and a hook (to hook it to the pt's collar if they are wearing a shirt... and they seal shut.

http://www1.mooremedical.com/index.cfm?PG=...Detail&PID=1501

They're about a buck-fitty each, but it takes away the need to remove the hoops and the possibility of spilling while doing so.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Sep 23 2004, 11:22 AM
We have basically the same thing, but we buy them ready made... they are clear bags with red hoops and a hook (to hook it to the pt's collar if they are wearing a shirt... and they seal shut.

http://www1.mooremedical.com/index.cfm?PG=...Detail&PID=1501

They're about a buck-fitty each, but it takes away the need to remove the hoops and the possibility of spilling while doing so.
We had those for awhile, but I haven't seen any on the rigs in the past few months. We used to leave one or two hanging from the ceiling grabrails for easy access.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
We keep ours at the head of the cot for easy access.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by Anomalous@Sep 22 2004, 11:59 PM
I like the old topic.

When you arrive at ER, remove the hoops, seal the bag shut, write the date and patients name on the bag and leave it at the nurses station. They like that.
Me too

I don't know what system you are in but when I've tried that... or even leaving it in a pt's room, I usually get torn a new one. Especially when it's filled with bright red blood AND "coffee grounds" but for the smell, I've found that a hitler style mustache dab of Vick's vapo rub works wonders. Great for those homeless pt's too :D

rescuecpt

Technically we're not supposed to have stuff like Vicks because it could pick up airborne pathogens (state law)... same goes for putting on chapstick and eating or drinking in the back of the ambulance as well.

Note, though, that I said "technically".