Is your agency hiring?

BlazercatMedic

Forum Ride Along
With our current economic depression, how many agencies do you know of that are actively hiring personnel instead of freezing positions or laying personnel off?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The only people services around here are hiring are medics, which suits me just fine

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
We just finished hiring 10 more people, including me, and plan on hiring more probably. We're growing extremly fast.

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
We're hiring Medics, and I'm pretty sure we are/about to start hiring EMT-I's.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I test and interview about 3-5 people a week, We at this time have about five openings and then will be full except for flex time.

R/r 911

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
We are NOT hiring. Just put a handful of new hires on the street, despite a hiring freeze that's supposed to last at least until summer.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Not hiring. My company actually had 400 candidates show up in Houston last week for orientation and wound up sending 300 of them home. I would have been pissed!

In addition, we are cutting our workforce 5% every quarter and all OT has been eliminated with the exception of after hour emergencies.

***time for me to make a graceful exit and continue on to the next adventure in life***

Sasha

Forum Chief
We've got one spot open.

OP
OP
B

BlazercatMedic

Forum Ride Along
Despite the economy and loss of tax dollars and government budget cuts, there's still a ton of Paramedic job listings onthe internet.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Despite the economy and loss of tax dollars and government budget cuts, there's still a ton of Paramedic job listings onthe internet.

Because some service are realizing that they get more with paramedics than some basic first aid provider. Or they want to actually be medical organizations

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
We typically do interviews every 3 months or so. Everyone starts part time, then the harder you work the better your chances of going full time once something opens up. We are still doing normal hiring routine with the next batch of interviews coming in June once everyone graduates from medic classes.