Is that Diet??

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
17 y/o 5'8, 102 lb F in our ER today. After 2L NS her vitals are still all whacked out so our DR orders some D5.

The nurse goes in and explains what she is hanging.

The pt looks at the nurse and says "How many calories are in that? I am on a diet."

:lol: :D :lol: :D

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
HA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Let me guess, was she tachycardic and hypertensive??

Speaking of diet, I've been on one. All that percocet and leg elevation does nothing for a girl's figure :angry: SO I bought those Carmen Electra DVD's for a little extra cardio....AWESOME!!! Working out is actually fun now! :D

Ian

Forum Crew Member
Is that DVD the one with "exotic dancing workouts" ? Cuz if so, my girlfriend has that one and wow, I love that Dvd. :p

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Yup Ian it is. I got the whole set yesterday at the mall. I thought it was only one. But Jay previewed it with me last night, I just wanted to skip through it to see what it entailed, he stole the remote and damn near watched the whole thing. He asked me twice today when I was going to start it :rolleyes:

And Jon if you want it, it's a 4 DVD set, (5 programs) at @16.99 each. Most stores will order it for you but don't carry it on hand. :p

runindash05

Forum Crew Member
Sounds a bit like the 90 yo ladies who have to get their hair "just right" after calling 911 and headin to the hospital.

"Now honestly ma'am, no one is going to care what you look like."

And she just insists.

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I told the nurses they should tell her Yea..The D stands for Diet and the 5 stands for 5 calories.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by runindash05@Jul 28 2005, 09:07 AM
Sounds a bit like the 90 yo ladies who have to get their hair "just right" after calling 911 and headin to the hospital.

And she just insists.
even better.... "I've got to get dressed up" "Let me get my jacket"

Ma'am.... I'm not taking you to dinner... you are going to the ED for chest pain....

I love it when nursing home CNA's say this about their patient WHEN I'M THERE (they called 30 minutes ago) and want me to wait while they change the patient from a gown into clothes... I calmly explain that the ED is only going to undo the work in 15 minutes, so just leave them in the gown, and I'll gover them up with a sheet/blanket or two....

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Jul 30 2005, 01:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Jul 30 2005, 01:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-runindash05@Jul 28 2005, 09:07 AM

And she just insists.

Ma'am.... I'm not taking you to dinner... you are going to the ED for chest pain....

I love it when nursing home CNA's say this about their patient WHEN I'M THERE (they called 30 minutes ago) and want me to wait while they change the patient from a gown into clothes... I calmly explain that the ED is only going to undo the work in 15 minutes, so just leave them in the gown, and I'll gover them up with a sheet/blanket or two.... [/b][/quote]
Well, I certainly hope you don't pick up dates in Nursing Homes...

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Jul 30 2005, 02:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Jul 30 2005, 02:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-runindash05@Jul 28 2005, 09:07 AM

And she just insists.

I love it when nursing home CNA's say this about their patient WHEN I'M THERE (they called 30 minutes ago) and want me to wait while they change the patient from a gown into clothes... I calmly explain that the ED is only going to undo the work in 15 minutes, so just leave them in the gown, and I'll gover them up with a sheet/blanket or two.... [/b][/quote]
Probably worried they won't ever get their gown back. Pretty expensive ya know.