Is emtb.com legit?

MendezEmt

Forum Ride Along
I want to be a step ahead before I actually begin my class in OCT. (taking it thru Mccormick) I was wondering if anyone actually used this site and found it helpful?

Im new to this forum and will be sticking around

Anjel

Forum Angel
Yes.

I used it to study for NREMT. I found it very helpful.

And welcome!

EMSANTHEM

Forum Crew Member
EMTB.com was my most usful website for studying i'ts basically what i used check it out i still look back at it time to time to stay sharp good luck

brianamato

Forum Probie
I want to be a step ahead before I actually begin my class in OCT. (taking it thru Mccormick) I was wondering if anyone actually used this site and found it helpful?

Im new to this forum and will be sticking around

There is a 10th Edition that my school is going to use in September... I would find out if you are using edition 9 or 10 before signing up for EMTB. com

Thank you for asking that question i was wondering myself..

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I hate to rain on this parade but there are other things you should probably focus on before school rather than a website for practice tests and study guides. Sure you can use it and it may help you pass a test but will it really help you understand the material?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
NVRob you are correct.... please share your suggestion -

It's been beaten to death but general education. A&P is a big one, along with bio and chem, some will argue physics as well. Reading/writing comprehension and math are important too. Medical terminology is a big one. The list goes on and on.

If you are looking for online resources check out http://www.khanacademy.org/

I know it isn't possible for everyone to take classes at the college level as many would suggest so that's a good alternative. Memorizing practice test answers doesn't help you retain information.

With that said, I'm going to bed.

Ally

Forum Probie
Memorizing practice test answers doesn't help you retain information.

Ditto on that. My vet tech students get uber excited about their VTNE exam (our boards) and start reading the review books and tests way before they should. They get easily discouraged by not knowing the answers - but truthfully they never knew them to being with.

I suggest pace yourself, buy into review website and books when it's time to actually review or only do the review sections as you learn (ie don't hit the pharm stuff if your still on A&P).

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
The very first thing you should do is find out which text you will be using, buy it and have it read all the way through before class starts.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I would not bother purchasing a study guide until you realize that you will not succeed without one. Seriously, take the class and see how it goes. Many find that it is not a difficult class, and if you find it to be so you might be kicking yourself for buying something in August for a class that you began in October and figured out how you were doing in by November.