Is a medic able to work as EMT in CA?

NorCalLaxx

Forum Ride Along
I've been looking around the web and haven't really found a direct answer so figured I'd give this a try...
I'm a new medic in northern CA looking for a job. Currently haven't had much luck, so I was wondering if it was possible for a medic to work as an emt. If so, would the Pcard cover it or do I need to try and get my EMT national reg recertified seeing as it has expired. Not quite sure if the fact that I have higher training and therefore have to treat to what I am qualified for limits my job opportunities as an emt (if that makes sense?).

Any info would be appreciated!

JPINFV

Gadfly
(c) An individual currently licensed in California as a Paramedic or currently certified in
California as an Advanced EMT or EMT-II is deemed to be certified as an EMT except
when the paramedic license or the Advanced EMT or EMT-II certification is under
suspension with no further testing required. In the case of a paramedic license, or
Advanced EMT or EMT-II certification under suspension, the individual shall apply to a
LEMSA for EMT certification.

http://www.emsa.ca.gov/laws/files/ch2emtIupdate.pdf

Top of page 20.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We currently have one medic working as an EMT on a BLS unit. He is just waiting for the company to get a full time medic opening.

OP
OP
N

NorCalLaxx

Forum Ride Along
Wow, thanks for the quick answers! I guess i'll start putting in some emt apps now too. Haha, and on that note, does anyone happen to know of anyone hiring in the north state?? :)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
(silence ensues)

:unsure:...........