Ironman Triathlon

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Has anyone done this?

I volunteered for the 1s inaugural NYC Ironman tournament, I wish to do this despite being 80lbs overweight and have already begun tr

For the last 2 weeks I have gone out on runs, done 30 minute elliptical workouts and 30 minute stationary bike workouts. I have already signed up for 5k running races this October and November. The more I workout, the more I think I can build to the event in 2014. I am overlooking smaller triathlons in 2013.

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I see I started a lively discussion. Get your posts in before moderators close it down for being too nasty.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
That is quite a goal. I was about 100lbs, yikes!, overweight. it didn't look THAT bad at 6'4" and 320. I'm down to 280 with a modified p90x program and am hoping to be ready for a mudrun/warrior dash within the next few months.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Warrior Dash is great fun.

As for tris, you might want to give the sprint length events a go first. I was a competitive cyclist and had no trouble with the bike. The run was fine, but the open water swim sucked. I was training with a masters group, and swimming laps in a pool is nothing like being in a mass of churning swimmers.

I love short tris and will be getting back into it. If only I could quit this job and have some free time... And lose some of this EMS weight. :(

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief
I do sprints myself and they are a blast.And I agree about the open water swimming. No amount of swimming in a pool can prepare for open water swimming with 300 plus other people.

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Nothing can prepare you for swimming in radioactive sewage...I mean the Hudson River.

lucky13

Forum Probie
I ve been training all summer for my first marathon and it sucks !!!! with work and school and training ugh.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Good luck on the training, I usually do sprints, but took a couple of years off, raced again this year, it's great training!