Injured Family

OP
OP
40sCutest

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. For anyone interested:

VIEWING AND FUNERAL SERVICE ARRANGMENTS FOR STEVEN G. POWERS " TATER "
4/24/2005 - The Officers and Members of the Boothwyn Fire Company regret to announce the death of Steven G. Powers, better known to all as " Tater ". Steve was a 26 year member of the Boothwyn Fire Company. In his time at Boothwyn he has served as Deputy Chief, Assistant Chief, Safety Officer, and Financial Secretary. He also served on the Ambulance Committee. Calling hours will be from 16:00 to 21:00 hrs on Thursday the 28th of April at the Paganos Funeral Home: 3711 Foulk Rd. Bethel, PA. Funeral Services will be at 10am on Friday the 29th of April @ The St. John Fishers Catholic Church: 4225 Chichester Ave. Boothwyn, PA. All Apparatus wishing to attend is requested to meet at 84-90 ( Upper Chi Police Station) at 09:00. For further information, contact Deputy Chief Sandy Montello at (484) 576-6819.

Feel free to attend. Thank you again!

ECC

Forum Captain
I am sorry for your (and our) loss. I have been to too many funerals myself, and I feel your pain. Try to keep a good thought and keep the faith.

emtffboop

Forum Ride Along
at 0715 i was on shift and a friend of mine at another station called and told me that her partner, a good friend of ours, was on his way to vanderbilt er, 25min away for an intracranial bleed. he was on a wreck scene and starting having a major headache and starting seizing not too long later at the closest er.
i went to vandy immediately after shift, they did many a tests, said that they were going to surgery in a few hours and that there was a very good chance that he wouldnt make it.
he survived the surgery and they werent sure how much longer he was going to live. he was in the icu under a drug induced coma for i think 1 week and they werent sure how much damage was done. he was realeased 3 weeks after going to the hospital from the icu straight to rehab. and was back to work 3mo after all this happened.
now he only has a little memory loss and several scars on the side of his head and down his neck. still one of our best medics.
he told me that there were 8 other peole that went into the icu for the same thing and they all died. according to the docs, he should never have made it through the first few hrs.
40s cutest: im sorry for your loss. i know how hard things are in the middle of everything. at least you got to know him and got a friend with memories that will never fade.