I'm new here.....

Beegers

Forum Crew Member
and received a PM from Chimpie to make a thread to introduce myself.

I don't know what to say, so ya'll can ask me questions and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities and in a timely manner (if I'm near a computer, or am able to access the site from my cell phone).

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome!

I guess you can start of by telling us where you're from, how long you've been doing EMS, how you got started, etc.

Chimp

OP
OP
Beegers

Beegers

Forum Crew Member
Well that makes sense.

I'm a volunteer EMT somewhere in New Jersey. I been in this about 3 years. Initially it was a way out of gym for 2 marking periods senior year in high school. After 9/11 I stuck it out more. I failed the NREMT test initially (NJ uses their test as their own cert test) so when financial aid didn't come through in time for the fall I didn't want to sit around doing nothing so I took the course again (and passed) even though the instructors said I didn't have to (but wanted to).

I work for a private ambulance transport company who does hospital discharges, nursing home emergencies, transfers, etc. We also have a secondary contract with the city the company is in doing their 911 calls when the volunteers cannot get a rig out and mutual aid is unavailable. There I had my very first CPR save (who also happens to be a councilman for the city).

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction.

OP
OP
Beegers

Beegers

Forum Crew Member
Thanks. I think I;ll do fine here. Seeing as my volunteer corps nicknamed me '78'.... Over the radio that would be an "EDP". :ph34r:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Jb78emt+Oct 4 2005, 05:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jb78emt @ Oct 4 2005, 05:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Thanks. I think I;ll do fine here. Seeing as my volunteer corps nicknamed me '78'.... Over the radio that would be an "EDP". :ph34r:[/b]

Yep.

<!--QuoteBegin-Jb78emt
@Oct 4 2005, 05:26 PM
I had my very first CPR save (who also happens to be a councilman for the city). [/quote]

That is AWESOME!!!! I think someone will be paying a little more attention when the squad comes begging for money next time around :D

Welcome.

I'm Jon, the Forum Loser. I have no life. I usually get on at work (when I'm bored) and also am on from the vollie squad.

Jon

OP
OP
Beegers

Beegers

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Oct 4 2005, 10:11 PM

I'm Jon, the Forum Loser. I have no life. I usually get on at work (when I'm bored) and also am on from the vollie squad.

Oh thats me...>Forum Junkie....not so sadly there is no cure, just like coffee junkies.

Currently I have 7 forums on my favorites list....2 of which are my own.

I have the TMobile sidekick which grants me access from my comfy seat in the ambulance at work.

If you do not see me on while I'm at work, it means I've got sticked in the arse and will be behind the wheel all night (like tomorrow night because my very hot partner got his license suspended).

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi! Welcome! Glad Your Here! Hope to see you contribute insiteful, well thought out, intelligent information to our little internet family.

Sure would be a nice change anyway :p

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:D :D :D WELCOME!! :D :D :D

It's always good to see new faces. Chimpie must be getting tired of us if he's stalking the member list ;) Congrats on your cpr save!!! Not many get one that early on..That's awesome!!!! Hope to see you stick around!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Jb78emt@Oct 5 2005, 12:31 AM
I have the TMobile sidekick which grants me access from my comfy seat in the ambulance at work.

If you do not see me on while I'm at work, it means I've got sticked in the arse and will be behind the wheel all night (like tomorrow night because my very hot partner got his license suspended).
The ability to post from "wherever" - I like it!!!!

As for the "hot partner" who has their license suspended.... well, we all must make sacrifices :D

jon

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome jb.. I'm new here myself, but feel comfortable enough to wish you a warm welcome.... :D

grandpa_newby_EMT

Forum Ride Along
Hello, all. I'm new here, too. I start my EMT-B training in 2 months, so I'll do a lot of listening here, to begin with, if it's okay with the group, until I have something reasonably intelligent to contribute. Thanks.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:D :D :D Welcome! :D :D :D

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Well myself I am new here also, but not new to the Ems System. Have been involved around 24 years now, dropped my Emt Certs for a few years, then went back re-certified & still here now. Been involved with FD also for 25 years (Family Tradition, I am a 3rd generation FF, 1st generation Emt), held positions from Lt to 1st Asst Chief & happy to be a "Black hat" again. I get into more of the tech rescue side of things now -vs- firefighting or hum drum Ems Calls.

My wife is also a FF/Emt, she has been involved for 10 years, we both run with the same Dept in Northwestern Pa, along with 2 of my sisters & their husbands whom are also FF/Emts. The Family Tradition was originally FF/LEO, but I broke that 1 & started the FF/Ems,,LOL I always go againist the grain. ;) To better explain myself, my personal website is linked within my sig tag.

"Where is my coffee??" I seriously need more after re-editing this 2wice already!!