I'm an EMT and got a DUI... What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Guys, this thread is over a year old. Whatever happened to this dude is already a done deal. His court date was almost a year ago.

We're in 2017 ;)

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Of note, he never reposted. Probably about to finish up his 364 days in the county jail.... just saying.

vfib

Forum Ride Along
Here it goes. I'm 23 and I've been licensed and practicing as an AEMT in the state of TN for the past two years at a private ambulance service. Last night I was out drinking and decided to drive and got arrested. I've been charged with a DUI, speeding, and due care. Is this the end of my career? Will my EMT license be revoked? Will I still be employable or fired from my current job? I've worked extremely hard to get where I am. I'm making decent money, have my own place, etc... I'd hate to lose all of that over a temporary lapse in judgement.
You will probably get fired as you won't be able to drive or be insured unless your company can place you into a dispatch position while you jump through the hoops of getting everything taken care of. It isn't career ending though as I know a lot of people who have had this happen. It may be a huge bump for you as EMS is so well connected. You may have to relocate for work and will definitely have to grow up but that is happening as u r still so very young. Don't hide it. Admit to it and what a huge mistake it was and how stupid you were. Admit to it in that same way down the road. It shows responsibility. Also telling your boss first shows a lot of responsibility

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I vote this thread be locked, for the reasons @SandpitMedic posted, no need for people to keep trying to leave legal advice a year+ after the Original Post and the OP hasn't replied back since...

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
@vfib
Read before you post.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
@Chimpie
What say you? Lock it down to prevent the legal "experts" from chiming in?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
lock.gif

No Legal Advice or Attorney-Client Relationship

Information contained on or made available through EMTLife forums is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice, recommendations, mediation or counselling of any kind under any circumstance and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Do not act on or rely on any information from EMTLife Message Boards without consulting with a licensed attorney.​

Status
Not open for further replies.