IFT to 911 Los Angeles County?

OP
OP
Jim37F

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
sorry to hop off topic but i had a question about AMR, i test with them soon on their skills and was wondering what to expect.

and as for McCormick one of my close buddys just got picked up with them. all he did is go one and show them that he was interested. he went through a lot to get hired but he ended up getting in, mind you they pay about 8.75 an hour :sad:

Yeah I took AMRs written test a couple months back and they said I'd passed and they'd call me back for skills and interview. They did but for part time and I (stupidly) said no I'm looking for full time -_- I still haven't heard back and you're not the only one saying they've got a skills test date. I've tried calling but no answer grrr

As far as McCormick yeah I'm about ready to put on a suit and tie and just walking in with a big smile and asking for an application, filling it out and submitting it then and there lol $8.75? Yeah that is a bit low, wonder what sort of hours I could work there, especially since I live in Azusa, I don't wanna have to quit because I can't afford the gas to drive to Inglewood all the time! Lol

Oh btw, I talked to a couple guys from Schaefer, they all pretty much say that if you just email the application like I did you'll never hear back so I'm going to so I'm gonna walk in with a suit and tie and big smile too lol

Also I found out that a couple of the Fire Depts with their own ambulances hire single role EMTs to man them (as opposed to FF/EMTs). Though the only one accepting apps for that right now is Glendale FD (which is a part time position btw, app open until the 16th)

OP
OP
Jim37F

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I finally pulled the trigger. Applied at 8 different positions in all 6 LA Co 911 ambulance companies (Schaefer LA, Schaefer Pomona, AMR Lancaster, AMR Santa Clarita, Care, McCormick, Gerber, and AmeriCare) plus Hall Ambulance out of Bakersfield in Kern County.

I decided to hold off applying to Doctor's in Orange County (though while I was on AMR's website I nearly clicked apply for it). From everything I've heard about OCEMS, I'd rather wait and if the closer to home options fall through, then apply there (I'll probably be applying to Rural/Metro San Diego by then).

If I get to the point where that falls through and I still haven't been picked up by fire I'll just say "heck with it, I'll just go to paramedic school without the 911 experience" lol