If i can't pass the Nremt -b in mass , should I take the exam in NYS or NYC.

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
will i have to take my first response course over again to be able to take the NYS state exam ?

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I wouldn't take it in NYS, instead go to NYC.

OP
OP
ChrisCon89

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
Okay , do you know if I would have to retake the first responder course or a online refresher?

OP
OP
ChrisCon89

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
Been doing some research, resprocity is what I'm trying to foo think. How does that really work?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I took mine in NYS, and was fine idk the differences with ems tests between city and state though so I would go with Remi on this.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Don't take my advice, I was being sarcastic. NYC is part of NYS.....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
But nyc has a separate test.
OP, getting a state cert might not do uou any good, sincr a lot of places require nremt for reciprocity anyway. And if you can't pass an entry level exam, you might not belong in this field

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ChrisCon89

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
I hear you. But this fire science degree is useless If i don't this so . Anyone know if I gotta take the first responder course over?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I hear you. But this fire science degree is useless If i don't this so . Anyone know if I gotta take the first responder course over?

Why would you take first responder over? If you've failed the NREMT 3 times, you need an EMT refresher. I highly suggest getting some test prep help, like JB Navigate.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
And if you can't pass an entry level exam, you might not belong in this field
Op, @TransportJockey, and @DEmedic both gave you good advice and you seemed to have all but steam rolled through both of their posts.

You oughta try taking it in, and without being too harsh if you do find a prep guide, or take a refresher and still cannot pass, perhaps you oughta consider this as well.

Or, perhaps you just have test anxiety. Again though, try and listen to these folks, they offer excellent advice. Don't just keep posting until you get a desired answer;).

phideux

Forum Captain

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
while NYC is in NYS, there are different tests.... sort of......

yes, all EMTs takes the same NYS exam, and if you pass you are a NYS EMT, you need to pass the NYC REMAC http://www.nycremsco.org/ exam to work in NYC. I don't know exactly what that entails, but if you wanted to work in NYC, I think they would be my first starting point