I think Im spoiled

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Okay so heres the thing...

we are finally in Texas right? I feel at home...well both of us with all the hispanics...but Sabby still felt bad for uprooting me...I told him not to that I came because we are a team and my place is at his side through the worst...

anyway yesterday we are driving through Del Rio learning the area when I spot two individuals on horseback down a "cowpath" for Rancho Cuatro palmas...Now if any of you know m...My numero uno love is Equine and Equestrian events...been riding/showing/training nearly the entirity of my life... back to the story...

Ill make the rest of it in english too but all this was spanish...We talk to Mario who explains the stables and board cost...while walking I spot this gorgous 3yo Arab Gelding well dual registered arapaloosa But looks arab, only has ONE spot on th entire white of his body....he took to me...we came out to the arena again today, as Im walking around he spots me and begins running up and down his pen, soon as I talked he whinnied...we spoke to the owner who actually called the geldings owner down My fiancee' spoke too him talked down the price...I was saddling th ranch owners horse so I could work him through his paces (Job interview heh...suffice it to say Ill be the one training/breaking for him part time)

what it boils down too is Sabby is sitting here saying,"I cant belive I bought you a horse"

we have a new addition we havent named ill send out pics or you can watch my myspace page...board is cheap I have access to the ranch hands equipment AND I have made friends in the process...we will all be going to Mexico togethr...they do trail rides so Tx is looking up but the Ambulance service is bieng ****s I dont have "Enough experiance to qualify" but if anyone has any pointers please lt me know... Im all giddy right now lol sorry to bore you guys with this

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Congrats! I once went to camp in Arizona when I was a kid, and they made me ride a horse. I cried like a little girl. Congrats though! That sounds awesome. :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
MMiz said:
I once went to camp in Arizona when I was a kid, and they made me ride a horse. I cried like a little girl.

(Placing in archives for future use.)

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
MMiz said:
Congrats! I once went to camp in Arizona when I was a kid, and they made me ride a horse. I cried like a little girl. Congrats though! That sounds awesome. :)

See you HAD to tell me that *Files info away to exploit at a later date and time*

*Cough cough*Have two older brothers...I learned to blackmail early he he he..

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
TCERT1987 said:
There are just some things you don't admit...
You should have seen the size of that horse. I think his name was Killer... and he somehow found it within himself to start galloping when all I wanted was to walk. Everyone else was jumping crap and making their horses do stupid stuff. I just wanted a nice peaceful walk around the field? Rink? Pen? Stable?

They even let me get on Killer with a set of stairs. I think it was meant for the slower kids or youngins. I didn't feel awkward doing it though, I just wanted to live.

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Paddock, pasture, or ring, probably.

I had the exact same experience with a big ol' buckskin named Buddy. He took off running like he was being chased. Scared me half to death, though I don't recall crying. After that, got back on another, less...enthusiastic horse, and kept going.

I rode this huge palamino Standardbred gelding for the longest time. This horse was taller than me at the shoulder by a good 3-4 inches (I'm 5'3"). He could jump six foot fences, but he was deathly afraid of this little creek we would cross to go to the outdoor jumping flat. I always had to use the stairs to get on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
*keeps serious face a moment then bursts out laughing...* Okay Im done...

Horses if they sense your fear take advantage... BUT Horses unlike shetland ponies wont try to hurt you if they throw you...meanest thing I ever broke/trained was a shetland Pony.....Sunny...and THE LAST I agreed Ponywise to train..

Went out today to lunge and feed cochise....thought "what the hell" went on a suicide Mission and hopped on his back...hes a big horse though 16 1/2 HH so prtty large, grabbed his mane and swung up figured if he was gonna buck a saddle wouldnt matter...

Im honestly impressed aftr his stunts and attitude he came around has potential for Huntseat/Jumper... and Roping/barreling...going to use the lil ******* for competition...long enough legs to jump and look good but cuts turns like a mofo turns on a dim

*Kinda rubs sor butt and everything else*I did last mor then 8 seconds though workd him a good three hours after THEN had to hop off him ground work a 2yo and ready him for breaking

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
MMiz said:
<<<<< Does internet search and finds picture of horse:

:p

Attachments

• 111121.jpg
    111121.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 221

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Congrats... and Mmiz... Everything you say can and will be used against you...

CelticTigress - where are you in TX? I have a co-worker who used to work for East Texas Medical Center.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Our agency does a lot of equestrian events. I learned a couple things about horses. They like bagels, and they like moon pies. And horses will sneak up on you and lick you when you're not paying attention. :-D

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
MMiz said:
You should have seen the size of that horse. I think his name was Killer....

Uh huh... sure it was...... I'm thinking that the horse likely looked more like this...

Attachments

• kittycatpony.jpg
    kittycatpony.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 216
OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
OMGS too funny!!!

Oh Horses (At least Cochese) Lovs his Cervezas..He drank mine today whn I wasnt looking.....

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
joemt said:
Uh huh... sure it was...... I'm thinking that the horse likely looked more like this...
Look, the reason I became an EMT was so I could save other people from Killer's wrath. He was at least ten feet tall... maybe 11.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
joemt said:

Dude!!!

That cat is farkin' H U G E!!

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
fm_emt said:
Dude!!!

That cat is farkin' H U G E!!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Scary huh..... you think the cat is HUGE.... wait until I start posting pictures of the Cows.... it's not just things in TX....

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Huge Arse Jersey ...D*mn!!!!!

Bet if it is a cow or Heifer (Have to take a better look) She'd Give a heck of a lot of milk....And if its a Bull....I dont think anyone would WANT to try to Milk it (Thinks of the commercial involving the Bull and something about milking it)