I know this but do you have to put it in writing?...

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
A quote from a job posting on JEMS:

HAZARDS: The incumbent, when responding to emergencies, can be exposed to
dust, fumes, gases, fire, smoke, adverse weather conditions, and chemicals. Driving at
speeds beyond the posted limit may occur and, therefore, the incumbent may be exposed
to vehicular accidents at a higher speed than normal. There is also exposure to body
substances that may contain infectious materials that could cause illness or death. There is
potential for bodily harm or death from violent patients, bystanders, or other dangers.

Anyone having second thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Veneficus

Forum Chief

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
What CYA really means:

Courtesy of Your Attorney

JPINFV

Gadfly
"Driving at speeds beyond the posted limit may occur"

You mean that the posted speed limit isn't a minimum speed limit? Huh... interesting...

Veneficus

Forum Chief
What is this "lunch" you speak of? I eat before and after shift, and get calls anytime I attempt to stand in line at any restaurant.

It is the oral glucose or d50 you eat about midshift and chase with coffee in order to make it through the next few hours.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, it is required and unethical not to inform the candidate of the risk involved in the job.

Brown is sure OSHA would say the same.

Remember, this is America and you can sue anybody for anything!

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
Yes, it is required and unethical not to inform the candidate of the risk involved in the job.

Brown is sure OSHA would say the same.

Remember, this is America and you can sue anybody for anything!

Can't add anything. Well said :)

RockDoc

Forum Probie
What is this "lunch" you speak of? I eat before and after shift, and get calls anytime I attempt to stand in line at any restaurant.

One of the funniest things to watch is a group of EMSers go into a sit down restaurant and order lunch. When the meal is served it is wolfed down in just a matter of a few short minutes. Then you look around and you see all the other diners looking at you like you are a human disposal machine.

Or several EMT's sitting at a table talking shop is guaranteed to clear all the other tables within earshot. Some people just can't take hearing about blood and guts with their meal.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
One of the funniest things to watch is a group of EMSers go into a sit down restaurant and order lunch. When the meal is served it is wolfed down in just a matter of a few short minutes. Then you look around and you see all the other diners looking at you like you are a human disposal machine.

Or several EMT's sitting at a table talking shop is guaranteed to clear all the other tables within earshot. Some people just can't take hearing about blood and guts with their meal.

It's taken me a long time to adjust to this mom gig. I've got friends who can't watch Bones because it's too intense, and I have to figure out how to be myself around them without offending their sensibilities.

Growing up in EMS, I didn't learn proper table manners until the past few years. Who knew you just don't discuss these things in polite company? I think it's possible that EMS providers need to think of something else to talk about.

RockDoc

Forum Probie
It's taken me a long time to adjust to this mom gig. I've got friends who can't watch Bones because it's too intense, and I have to figure out how to be myself around them without offending their sensibilities.

Growing up in EMS, I didn't learn proper table manners until the past few years. Who knew you just don't discuss these things in polite company? I think it's possible that EMS providers need to think of something else to talk about.

That will never happen. We are who we are.:wacko:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief