I forgot my EMT number.

matt12008

Forum Ride Along
Its a long story. But I forgot my number and lost my card. I know I sounds irresponsible, but the card was lost in a car fire. And I forgot my number due to not being able to do any vol. calls because I moved and the town I live in doesnt have vol. work. I am applying for a couple of jobs, and I need to use my EMT-B number for the applications. I live in NY and that is where my license is valid.

I tried searching google and I have had no luck. Hopefully someone here can give me the right steps to obtaining my number.

Thanks for your time.

Matt

JPINFV

Gadfly
Meh, I'm trying to remember if I ever had to remember my EMT number. The bigger issue is that every place I've worked required the card to be carried on you when working anyways.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
You don't need the number. Call the the nys doh ems office. Youll have a new card in a week. I had to fax a document in that I got off their website last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Meh, I'm trying to remember if I ever had to remember my EMT number. The bigger issue is that every place I've worked required the card to be carried on you when working anyways.

Only memorized mine for PCRs. Same number for 10 years: I4135. Then they changed it on me with this state registry thing. Like E0-something-something-something-something-something. Gonna take me a while to remember the new one.

JPINFV

Gadfly
The strange thing is when I had to put in my drivers license number constantly a few years ago I memorized it, and can now rattle it off any time.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Only memorized mine for PCRs. Same number for 10 years: I4135. Then they changed it on me with this state registry thing. Like E0-something-something-something-something-something. Gonna take me a while to remember the new one.

Is that a SD I- Number?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Imtersting... I had to write my EMT number on virtually every document when I started (and many still), so it will forever be imprinted in my brain.

Matt, good luck getting a replacement!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I agree with everyone else here a phone call should be all that's needed and they should send you a new card.

I don't know my number. All of our PCRs are electronic so we just click on our name and it pops up with our level of training and number. Only time I have ever had to write it down if for CE hours.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Is that a SD I- Number?

I assume you mean San Diego. No. I had two different "I Numbers" for two different LEMSAs on NorCal... the second was I5178; so close to being a 5150 (story of my life) :D

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I assume you mean San Diego. No. I had two different "I Numbers" for two different LEMSAs on NorCal... the second was I5178; so close to being a 5150 (story of my life) :D

Yeah, San Diego, I first saw that and thought "daaaaaaamn he's an old-timer"

The lowest active I- number I've seen in the county was I-15xxx,

medic417

The Truth Provider
Have no clue my number. Look it up each time I need it for renewal. Why waste precious brain cells with info so easily available?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, San Diego, I first saw that and thought "daaaaaaamn he's an old-timer"

The lowest active I- number I've seen in the county was I-15xxx,

Mine's close: I-161xx

JB86

Forum Ride Along
You don't need the number. Call the the nys doh ems office. Youll have a new card in a week. I had to fax a document in that I got off their website last week.

This is exactly right. I just called their office and was able to verify my # by giving out my social, date of date, and first and last name. There is also a form DOH4453 you can fax to receive a new card.

Appreciate the info! :)