Forum Lieutenant
"tis only a flesh wound...get back here and FIGHT!!!" LOL :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm getting better....

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Im so stubborn, I will probably be someone who "dies" for a few hours, and then "comes back". This all just seems to weird to me. Your dead... You just dont come back ny yourself. You dont have a nice new life pack 12 implanted in your heart to get you back 2 hours later. What is you were already in the mourge or something, you came back, but then suffocated cause you in a metal case... now that would suck. you could have made it.. but not now.... sorry bout ya bad luck!!!

If I ever code..... wait I have.... nevertheless.... If I ever code again.. once they get me back (cause they will ;) )... im gonna pop up and say "gottcha ya". And then complain that my ribs are broke.. and get all pissed off.

HotNoldEMTchick

Forum Crew Member
All I can say is holy :eek:

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
How in heck does that happen??? He was dead for AT LEAST an hour and half...probably longer....and now he breaths on his own???

Ancient Chinese secret.

1 eye of newt, bat wings and a couple of frog legs. Mix it all up, do a little happy dance. The odds are about the same I would imagine after 1 1/2 hours. 1 in a billion or so. Just image the look of "I told you so" you could give everyone if it worked..

and this is WHY the "autopulse" folks say it is the greatest thing since sliced bread

We use the "thumper" that is the same in principal I guess. They work like a champ. They compress and ventilate for you (5:1).

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Chances are that he really was not in "true aystole" and someone pulled the plug too soon. I have seen this happen more than once. The DKA ( although that glucose was not that high.. (usually I see them > 1000 -2000 (diluted)mg/dl before arrest) he probably was extremely acidotic and then the epi kicked in later.. causing the catecholmine rush... they were right "cardiac arrest-aytole".. what they did not document early terminaiton of cardiac arrest resucitation procedure.

Hate that when the patient responds after the family been told they were dead.... that is why he is still in ICU... and probably the billing charges will be wrote off, to prevent a law suit.

Be safe,
Ridryder 911

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by emtbass@Sep 14 2005, 02:45 AM
What is you were already in the mourge or something, you came back, but then suffocated cause you in a metal case... now that would suck. you could have made it.. but not now.... sorry bout ya bad luck!!!

Sorry I missed this before...

That image is just do dang funny.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I keep thinking about that NC medic that got suspended for pronouncing a guy dead on the scene of an accident only to have him "live" as he got to the morgue.

Think the state will pull the doc's license here for the same reason, now that the precedent has been set? Probably not.