Hurricane Irma

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
When some of you get word of Where you will stage, give me a shout.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
When some of you get word of Where you will stage, give me a shout.
Patrick air force base is where we are going to be flying in to. After that all bets are off, 400 mile coverage area most likely. With Hercules flying high above ready to refuel.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok...I am 30-35 mins from Patrick.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm on the west coast of Florida and will be living in the EOC for about five days starting Friday morning. Looks like the track of the storm has shift a little more west this morning. I-75 was jammed yesterday. Normally an accident will cause it to get backed up for a few miles, even a small fender bender. Have a couple of those and you've created a parking lot.

Over on this side tropical force winds should start Friday evening or Saturday morning, with the bulk of the storm passing to our east starting Sunday through early Tuesday. We're ready to assist our residents residing in low lying areas and those who flee from the east coast.

I'm looking forward to vacation starting in October.... if there are no storms in the area then.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Heads up SC. Irma shifted a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Got an email this morning they were able to reassign most of our ambulances from Harvey to Irma so we've been told to stand down for now. But now its predicted to make direct landfall in miami with no sign of really weakening and evacuations in Ga now. Who knows whats happening.

They also keep saying thwy are thinkimg its going to weaken, but thats only because no storm has maintained like this. The only thing that may cause it to weaken are wind shears coming up to fl, but its pushing into warmer water now too...

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Naw, he's got all Veggie Omelettes...
chilli mac, ravioli, and potato bacon my man.

Side note, the cavalry just arrived. Pj's for florida, PJ's for Georgia, PJ's for Carolina, Pj's for everybody! For real though, coasties, Pj's and TF teams are ready to go (the one's i've seen anyway). Plans to even go out during winds ect, some pretty smart people in the air force i will say.
Any of you/families in SC/GA/FL(@NomadicMedic, @akflightmedic, @Chimpie ) that are staying, and get stuck send me a message, i'll have somebody thats not in the air check.

Feel free to tag others i don't know where people are lol

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I am sure if you fly my way, you will pass over my neighborhood. My community is one of the visual landmarks used by RW when flying Melbourne to Orlando.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Looks like I'm sitting this one out, at least for now. If there's a second wave, hopefully I'll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Looks like I'm sitting this one out, at least for now. If there's a second wave, hopefully I'll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i envy you sir.
Turns out water confidence with the PJ's.... not easy one bit. Casual normal workout=2k meters.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I want to play but school is important. And I'm pretty hurricane d out

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Florida is screwed, and so is Atlanta:

https://i.imgur.com/9XiwTWl.gifv

Here'sz0072

ecmwf_mslp_uv850_seus_4.png

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Thanks to all those for thinking of me.

Yesterday ended up being a 13.5 day for me, making sure everything was in place ready to go. Today starts the "oh crap, we need X, Y, and Z... and tons of it... now!"

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
As of 6am Friday... will change but shouldn't be by much....

gfs20170908.gif

euro20170908.gif

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
So I am in the path? damn it!

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
Damn, I'm right in the path. And of course it falls when I work!

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Good luck you guys.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Out here in the Columbus, GA area and they are talking about winds up to 40mph starting Sunday afternoon/evening. I start a 36hr shift Sunday night. This should be interesting out here too. Lots of old trees that I imagine will come down with this and we have tons of FL evacuees heading into the area too.