Hurricane Florence

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I apologize if it seems I’m using “military speak”. I will use plain English. I made an assumption, my fault, that these were pretty standard and recognized phrases, such as neutering, Vet, etc.

I did not post who “ They are”, as I didn’t think the average EMT on here would be interested. You seem to have done some of these things Overseas,so I just made a comment about it. Rest assured,it’s a legit company.

Thank you for the welcome.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
For those of who with prior FEMA deployments, any good to bring or must have items? Will be a 7 day trip.

Also, dumb question since I am from the midwest, what is the weather like post-hurricane? Hot and muggy or do the temperatures drop?
What to bring: Think a 24 hours shift x 7. Bring Clif bars, small snacks, a pillow, extra socks, undershirts, boxers, etc.
After storm weather: hot, humid, raining, mosquitoes everywhere, and if the power is out it can get miserable quickly.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Stay safe out there y'all...

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Thanks for the advice everyone. My problem now is packing everything. Currently have a large duffel, sleeping bag sack, helmet bag, and a small backpack. Trying to consolidate everything. May leave the backpack but I really would like something with some essentials I can take with me going out on flights.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Thanks for the advice everyone. My problem now is packing everything. Currently have a large duffel, sleeping bag sack, helmet bag, and a small backpack. Trying to consolidate everything. May leave the backpack but I really would like something with some essentials I can take with me going out on flights.
Do you have a compression stuff sack for your sleeping bag (I attached the granite gear one that I have that is easily 10 years old)? Can you attach your helmet to your backpack?