How To Pass the NREMT (90-100% chance of passing)

Fabio Enchilada

Forum Ride Along
Alright fellas, you're fresh out of your EMT school/class and ready to take your NREMT and get your license. First, I would recommend that you immediately go after it as soon as possible so you have leftover knowledge. Let's be honest with ourselves here not a lot of us have the brain capacity to study and keep our heads in the book, which is why it's most important you download 2 apps and get this book.

I can also vouch for these three items as I failed the NREMT 3 times! After my 3rd I was distraught and started reconsidering becoming a deadbeat burnout gas station worker with a caffeine and minor substance abuse problem, but I remembered that I got my associate degree in this field and I'm not trying to redo community college because that is a fate worse than death. I don't want you guys who are struggling to fall into that hole of shame and feeling dumb. You're not dumb or should feel belittled because of this test. This test does not define you or your intelligence. When I failed and saw some of the negativity in the forums, it made me hesitant to come back and redo the NREMT. The people are judging those who failed and saying stuff like you should find a new hobby/career or give up entirely need to go back to your parent's house and get a hug from them to help fix this weird negative edgy unempathetic superiority. SHAME ON YALL! We're all one little EMT family and should help those in need and not put others down.

Essential Material To Pass
- Medics Test
- PocketPrep
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) Crash Course with Online Practice Test, 3rd Edition: Get a Passing Score in Less Time (EMT Test Preparation) Third Edition

The first app is going to be MedicsTest. MedicsTest to me is the superior app compared to most of the apps out there, considering many of the questions on the NREMT are mirrored on the app. Also with their premium package, you can take an NREMT simulator which helps get a good rhythm on how the test is going to be like. I will say the 35 dollars a month is a bit much, but if you want this career you're gonna have to spend that money and if you're being a good student you shouldn't have to pay more than just that said month. There are quizzes on every module of NREMT and a detailed explanation before you take the quizzes of what everything is. Genuinely the best NREMT study app. PocketPrep is very useful as its questions are pretty close as well to questions you'll see on the test, but in my personal opinion it's not as engaging as MedicTest as MedicTest has daily XP and stats that boost your confidence in a subject and that's why I have it as a top priority. If you spend at least 2 hours per day on the app and try to absorb the information you will most definitely be ready for the test.

Now I know you're wondering why would I choose the second-best option if I'm already downloading the first app. Well I will say the questions on PocketPrep are structured the best and I do like how the questions are asked, it's just not enough questions to fully understand the importance of each module. I listed PocketPrep because of their questions of the week and 10 free daily questions. Now I'm gonna say this with all due respect. If you can't do 10-11 questions a day, you need to treat yourself better because you're more than capable of passing if you just put in the work. it's literally 10 questions you can end a solid studying session, stop being a lazy bum, and just do it. You can get 70 questions fully explained on why it's wrong or right in a week without effort. I do not recommend buying the Premium version of it, but if you want an extra app to study off of . . . do whatever your heart says

The crash course book is as Essential as MedicsTest as it's the perfect study book for the NREMT if you need a quick reminder of whatever you have trouble remembering. Plus with every book bought new there is a NREMT practice quiz code on the very first page you can use to get more practice which again has some pretty accurate questions and it's always good to just get that practice and develop the skills needed to pass. The explanation for each module for NREMT is cut lean and short for those who are somewhat knowledgeable. This book is so helpful for when you need a simple explanation of every scenario or bodily function, rather than having to skim through the big textbook.

P.S. Those who are reading please just spend 2-3 hours of your day studying, I know it's boring sometimes, but the second you can just get through the hard part of studying you can get to where you want to be. Also one last thing, I found it helpful to read the ending of a question/problem, to then read the context of said question/problem as reading the end helped me understand what the question is looking for.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't want you guys who are struggling to fall into that hole of shame and feeling dumb. You're not dumb or should feel belittled because of this test. This test does not define you or your intelligence. When I failed and saw some of the negativity in the forums, it made me hesitant to come back and redo the NREMT. The people are judging those who failed and saying stuff like you should find a new hobby/career or give up entirely need to go back to your parent's house and get a hug from them to help fix this weird negative edgy unempathetic superiority. SHAME ON YALL! We're all one little EMT family and should help those in need and not put others down.
You're right about the parents' house thing. I tried going back, but the people who live there now wouldn't let me in.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
The hardest part of NREMT testing is that it's gone (or is going) to computer adaptive testing. This style of testing is different than what we're used to and the questions/answers are written in such a manner that figuring out what the computer "wants" can be difficult. For me and anybody that's done NCLEX testing, this is much easier as there's quite a bit of material out there about how to parse NCLEX questions. Also the way passing is determined is different than what we're used to. We're used to getting a certain percentage of questions correct and we get a "pass" and CAT systems look for a difficulty level that's at/above/below passing standard and you must score above passing to pass the exam. Done correctly, you'd only get about a 50% correct/incorrect score and you'd pass. This is because the computer will ask you questions that will be harder/easier than previous questions based on your answers from those previous questions.

So, yes, you should spend time in class learning the didactic material, the psychomotor skills, but you should also find testing prep material that will closely match the kind of questions you're going to see on the exam because test day for NREMT won't likely be anything like what you got in class... ever.