Guadaluupe

Forum Ride Along
I had an interview with Monterey County AMR last week and just got the Email saying I did not get the job. I really want to work for them. What can I do that will make me stand out more next time I apply? I had a coworker tell me they might have frown upon me being a CNA at a SNF because I Have been working there for 2 1/2 years already, is that true? I was thinking either starting off with a Non-emergency Medical Transport company or obtaining some extra certifications(PHTLS, ACLS ETC.) Which Will help More? Thank you.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I had an interview with Monterey County AMR last week and just got the Email saying I did not get the job. I really want to work for them. What can I do that will make me stand out more next time I apply? I had a coworker tell me they might have frown upon me being a CNA at a SNF because I Have been working there for 2 1/2 years already, is that true? I was thinking either starting off with a Non-emergency Medical Transport company or obtaining some extra certifications(PHTLS, ACLS ETC.) Which Will help More? Thank you.
They wouldn't frown upon that. Get your feet wet with a non emergency if you must than jump ship. Sadly I know AMR is the ruler up there. So atleast wait 6 months.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The IFT company. The extra certifications will do next to nothing for you if your goal is to get hired by AMR as a basic. They’re required for paramedics, big difference.

Assuming you reside in Monterey County, I’d suggest looking into an IFT company in the Santa Clara County area (I.e.: Pro Transport-1, etc) to get some decent experience prior to reapplying at AMR.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?