How old were you when you moved out?

dutemplar

Forum Captain
17 1/2, on Friday June 17, 1988. Two days after graduating high school, I left for Fort LostInTheWoods, Misery.

Your mileage may vary. :)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
17 1/2, on Friday June 17, 1988. Two days after graduating high school, I left for Fort LostInTheWoods, Misery.

Your mileage may vary. :)

Funny, I turned 18 on June 17th 1988. I remember that day vividly.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I moved out at 18. Back at 19 because I was sick of working 3 jobs. Out again at 20 and now I'm back after a divorce at 26 almost 27.

I'm enjoying the whole not paying rent thing and saving money thing.

Just give yourself some time. Everyone fights with their parents. Just don't make any impulsive decisions while you're upset. Plan plan plan.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
28 and still living at home. Hopefully starting medical school next year so will be moving out at age 29! It has been hugely beneficial to both my bank account and the strength of my med school application to stay at home.
27 and still living with my parents, lol. I actually make okay money too (about $63k/year). Way cheaper to live with them and pay for the Internet or occasionally food than to move out and try to be independent.

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
17, three months before I tuned 18 ... left the recruiters office, got on a bus and ended up at Ft Dix NJ, and a career as a 91B (Comabt Medic). Best decision I ever made as a young man!

Reactions: NPO

Giant81

Forum Lieutenant
didn't read 3 pages of stuff but wanted to comment.

Military. if you want to go into emergency service, try Navy, go in as Medic, train with Marines. You'll get paid, given (sometimes) 3 hots, and a cot (maybe), then have hands on experience, certifications, and free college when you get out to further your career.

And it gets you out of the house right out of HS without worry about financials. And gives you a few years of easing into independence, while still allowing for a safety net.

Edit: to answer the question 19, left to MCRD San Diego, enlisted as an 0231 in the Marine Corps, spent 5 years running around the world seeing things I could only dream of now.

I moved out at 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk