How many of your services equip trucks with MDTs?

Does your service utilize MDTs on your trucks?

• Total voters

jtb_E10

Forum Crew Member
Just curious as to how many of your services have MDTs in your ambulances...

OP
OP
jtb_E10

jtb_E10

Forum Crew Member
From that statement i would guess you dont use them...haha.. Mobile Data Terminal...or computers in the ambulances..

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

no MDT, just an old laptop that has seen it's better days

JPINFV

Gadfly
Old company: MDT received the same information contained in the dispatch page (name, locations, CC, run number) and had the ability to transmit many preformed (enroute, on scene, etc) and custom messages to dispatch.

Current: Equiped, not busy enough to use.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
All of our call info is on the MDT, as is all of the "routine" traffic with dispatch "en route", "on scene", "transporting". Any other time we need to chat with the dispatcher, it's on the Nextel. That's also how they alert us that we have a call. "CHIRP!"

image_solutions_nomad.gif

If you're curious, we use the Zoll "RescueNet" NOMAD MDT. http://www.zolldata.com/web/nomad.aspx

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
We use what n7 uses, got a call, the most ANNOYING tone goes off. I recorded it, cause I'm geeky like that.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
We have Panasonic Toughbooks mounted in our rigs if that counts? We use a few different programs all grouped together to dispatch as well as gps/mapping and then dispatch can track us (I like to unplug it and use the mapbooks just to mess with dispatch)

We use several of those Zoll programs though for other things, we just started using crew scheduler, we use Epcr as well as webpcr (same program but over the internet instead), we also use code review and the billing program.

lafmedic1

Forum Crew Member
All the 200+ units and sprint trucks have MDTs. Toughbooks are used and are mounted permanantly in the cab. Each MDT is tied into the main system. All have GPS with map tracking. Internet is availible with mobile wireless across the state and works very well. We can instantly locate our calls and go enroute in under 10 seconds with tracking all the way. We just phased out the old green screen DXT units so the map book is a sacred art.Last night the computers went down for service and luckly I knew how to read a map book unlike some of the newer guys who are spoiled. All in all after we got the kinks worked out its an awesome system. Heres a recent artice about our companys MDTs by a local news team http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10500791

Last edited by a moderator:

chadwick

Forum Crew Member
Be Careful!

The Panasonic Toughbook can not withstand being ran over by a 2001 Ford Type 2 Ambulance. It held up better than my personal laptop would have but it was still garbage. I only wish we had taken pictures.

VCEMT

Forum Captain
Our medic rigs have Toughbooks. I didn't know what MDT stood for, until I read the replies.