How far back do companies look at driving records?

emtgirl90

Forum Probie
I ask because I will be applying for jobs soon but am a little worried. I had one speeding ticket 4 years ago (was 10 over) and one fender bender with no citation 3.5 years ago (happened on the highway going under 10mph in traffic with multiple vehicles involved, so many people were deemed "at fault"). I'm not sure about the points since I know some are supposed to be taken off after a certain number of years go by. At the time I was graduating from college with a marketing degree and had no clue I would be changing careers, so I never thought to fight any of it in court, just fixed the car and moved on.

I wanted to take a defensive driving course anyways not only to help my case but just to stay on top of my game. I've looked through a lot of threads to see if it will be a problem but most of those involved issues much greater than mine. I know it's more favorable to have a spotless record but at the time I never thought my driving would be a factor in my career so I didn't fight it like I should have. Since then I've been spotless and I've always been a cautious driver. Any advice?

I'm in MA by the way hoping to move to TX eventually. Also no criminal record and no DUI, suspensions, etc.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My company required a H-6 print out from the DMV which is a 10 year record if I remember correctly.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
OP
OP
E

emtgirl90

Forum Probie
So am I pretty much screwed then or might the time that's passed since help me? With the driving I have to do now I've logged well over 100k miles without any incidents in almost 4 years.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Honestly it depends. If they ask just be honest about it. I've never heard about anyone getting a point on their license for a non at fault t/c. It'll show up on your insurance and on your driving record. Maybe other states do it different than CA.