how do I become state certified?

medTech65

Forum Probie
Good morning peeps. Fresh out of EMT school from California Institute of EMT, just passed National registry, and now feverishly looking for work.

Many of the job requirements want a state certification but im not too sure how to get that. Any ideas?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Good morning peeps. Fresh out of EMT school from California Institute of EMT, just passed National registry, and now feverishly looking for work.

Many of the job requirements want a state certification but im not too sure how to get that. Any ideas?
Search the forum. This has been beaten to death.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And how the hell did your instructor not go over this with yall?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
It's been about 4 years since I went through CIEMT but yeah, I distinctly remember Matt going over in detail several times towards the end of class on what the next steps were i.e. how to go take NREMT and submit your paperwork through LA County EMS Agency to get your state card (*cough cough*) and even how to go get your ADL so you can actually get hired somewhere.....

VentMonkey

Family Guy
It's been about 4 years since I went through CIEMT but yeah, I distinctly remember Matt going over in detail several times towards the end of class on what the next steps were i.e. how to go take NREMT and submit your paperwork through LA County EMS Agency to get your state card (*cough cough*) and even how to go get your ADL so you can actually get hired somewhere.....
Formerly the "School Of EMT". Matt...Goodman? He was a primary before the owner must have sold it to him? I went there in 2002.

OP
OP
medTech65

medTech65

Forum Probie

I think i may been robbed lol all we talked about was the national but i took the class in hawthorne with Mike. And in class, all i was worried about was passing the skills! I took the 7 week course and loved ciemt. They highly suggest to apply with mccormick but i feel a move to Palm Springs in the near future...AMR and Morongo look promising.