How do I ask for job details, what is acceptable, etc?

OP
OP
DragonClaw

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
And CCCSD, I think you've taken me the wrong way.

I have a lot of thoughts and ideas, I'll post them here not to get validation from an echo chamber. There's a lot of things you and others have said or pointed out that I've definitely put stock in.

Please don't take my replies as in "I didn't get the answer I wanted so now I'm mad or whatever"

They're really not intended for such a response. Most of my ideas don't work out or reason out how I first imagined them, such as the benefits of being a female, and that's okay. In fact, it just gives me a better, more accurate view of the world, and that's probably worth more than a few bucks, to me.

I'm young and not the best with trying to describe my thoughts, especially philosophical ideas, so I apologize for sounding aggressive and bull headed if that's how I'm coming off.

Just saw your reply, and if I thought I was worth it, yeah. If I didn't have an autoimmune disease, I'm sure I'd be making that right now. I scored well on the tests to get all the high tier jobs.

OP
OP
DragonClaw

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I'm sure there are things that are more and less valuable about me. I'm not against searching for a leg up if it was something I learned or was born with. But the general consensus seems to be that there's nothing really truly outstanding about a fresh EMT and that's good to know. I'm okay with that truth, even if it doesn't coincide with my hopes that I could bring something competitive to the table.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
What, Military? Tier what? You start out at the bottom. Maybe an E4, which is still low. You keep going on about how important you are to the field. If you get hired, you are going to be a problem employee. Seen it many times.

Try philosophizing humbleness and it’s import to being a Team Player.

OP
OP
DragonClaw

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
What, Mi,Italy? You start out at the bottom. Maybe an E4, which is still low. You keep going on about how important you are to the field. If you get hired, you are going to be a problem employee. Seen it many times.

Try philosophizing humbleness and it’s import to being a Team Player.

USA. But I won't pursue sarcasm at this point. I would have signed in at 18, gone to college, and gone in as an officer with a few years of the Army as I went to college. Already was going over the paperwork with the recruiter when I got diagnosed. Sinked that plan faster than HMS Hood.

I'm not sure how to take the problem employee thing. Looking back at me, two years ago, yeah. Now? Hmm, I was pretty liked by my boss and peers for my ability to lead the team and handle things when the boss was gone. At first I had trouble even doing what they wanted, but I picked up on the team aspect. At the end of my time with one boss, her boss's boss had to tell her to sign the paperwork so I could get promoted, because she didn't want to lose me.

Before, I was considered "Uncoachable" and they wanted me to quit (I later learned). Now they didn't want me to go. They've kept my training materials I made in my spare time, tell people about me. So I guess I got a bit better.

I can be kind of full of myself, and yes, I do have to remind myself I'm not the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm working on the humility part. At the end of the day, I just want to be the best I can and help people. But I just can't tell how biased we are now from prior texts, how to factor in the fact this isn't face to face, and all of that. I'm not sure what your intended tone is.

I'll admit, I don't like how you think you've nailed me when there's a lot of variables you can't and don't know. Maybe that's cliche, but how well do we really know each other for your to be so sure of that?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
30 plus years of working .MIL and Civilian. I’m right 99% of the time. I can tell by all your posts and the passive aggressive way you answer.

OP
OP
DragonClaw

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
30 plus years of working .MIL and Civilian. I’m right 99% of the time. I can tell by all your posts and the passive aggressive way you answer.

I've got nothing productive to say to this. I thought about my reply a bit, but I don't think anything I say will change anything at this point. Thank you for your input (genuine, no sarcasm).

Edit: I wasn't originally going to reply to the reply you took the time to post, but I didn't want to think I was ignoring you or something.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I’ve been ignored before. This is just another forum on the intardweb. No skin off my nose. I sleep well at night.