houston tx employment

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone,

so i am ogfically certified as a Aemt in Texas. i have had a few interviews already

A-Med Ambulance in Texas City. They sent me for a drug screen but i havent heard back.

Coastal Ems she was suppose tp talk numbers with the owner and get back wiyh me. i havent heatd anything yet.

Loyalty ems they only hire basics at 14/hr to do dialysis run all of 2 or 3 they have. Ylthey did offer a position but would only be working as a basic

City Ambulance they did offer a position but the pay seems low.

just wondering who else is hiring in houston

how long shpuld i wait on coastal and a med to call me back?

RocKetamine

Forum Crew Member
I mean the vast majority of transfers will either be BLS or ALS (Paramedic level), so it doesn't surprise me that some services would keep you at the EMT-B level.

How long have you been waiting on A-Med and Costal? If it's been over a week or two I'd call them back.

I believe that Windsor is pretty much always hiring.

Just a tip, if you're in contact with these companies via email be sure to use spell check and proper grammar. Their reimbursement depends on your report writing and if there are a lot of spelling errors they're less likely to hire you.

OP
OP
T

TonyaL

Forum Crew Member
i dont't have access to a computer right now. Am typing this off my phone hince some errors.

For the most part each company will hire me as a Intermediate and will be working as such.

Loyalty was the only company that don't. From my understanding from talking to the interviewer they only hire basics because they only have 2 pts they transport for dialysis. They don't even have medics from what I was told in the interview. Sooo ya

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If their core business only has two patients, I might wait a while and let them grow some. :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We are hiring down here in Galveston. As an intermediate you'd get a nice mix of 911 and transfer. Plus benefits are nice and we have a stable retirement too

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Cypress creek is currently hiring.

troycombat

Forum Ride Along
We are hiring down here in Galveston. As an intermediate you'd get a nice mix of 911 and transfer. Plus benefits are nice and we have a stable retirement too

Are you hiring paramedic right now? I put my application there about 2 months ago but never heard from them.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Are you hiring paramedic right now? I put my application there about 2 months ago but never heard from them.
We either should be hiring right now or about to start hiring. Paramedics they put on a hiring hold because we have 5 EMT-Is that are about to test for paramedic. But we are putting up another truck shortly (again) and will need to start hiring medics. Plus with a change in schedules projected we will need to hire more medics to finish filling holes in the shcedule. Call HR and ask them, jsut to be safe

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
TransportJockey, what does GCHD pay their AEMTs? I've had my basic for about 6months and just got my AEMT, but have only been working transfers so not a whole lot of experience. I applied as a basic, but never got a phone call and didn't try calling them. Was going to apply as an AEMT if the pay is comprable to my IFT pay. How much 911 will you actually run as an AEMT?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
TransportJockey, what does GCHD pay their AEMTs? I've had my basic for about 6months and just got my AEMT, but have only been working transfers so not a whole lot of experience. I applied as a basic, but never got a phone call and didn't try calling them. Was going to apply as an AEMT if the pay is comprable to my IFT pay. How much 911 will you actually run as an AEMT?
I'll ask, as I'm not entirely sure. I'm pretty sure it'l lbe less than you make running IFT. But benefits are better. And 911 as an AEMT will be pretty even split I think. We are actually hurting for EMTs to fill NET spots though, as close to 75% of the service and almost 2/3of 911 trucks are all paramedic right now.

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
what are NET positions? I keep trying to put an app in online, but it doesnt work on my mac and it wouldnt let me sign the app on my work PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyislesfan42

Forum Crew Member
eh, no thanks. Im already doing IFT. looking to do strictly 911 or very few transfers.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Cypress Creek will likely be hiring soon(ish) for 911-only EMTs and paramedics.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yes NET is transfer. Vent got it right.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
eh, no thanks. Im already doing IFT. looking to do strictly 911 or very few transfers.

The problem we have right now is as are medic heavy with very few of our emt spots filled after wet promoted 4 to paramedic. Our two county trucks run p/i And generallt so do at least one island 911 truck. If uou did start on transfer side as soon as we get more basics onboarded and as we open more trucks (one more county and one island 911 projected the coming fiscalyear) you'd move to a 911 spot