Here you go.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
what would be the point. its a no brainer.

c-spine, bcls, call for als, high flow diesel tx, rpt on arrival. dont.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Put em on a long spine board and transport? haha

Any one wanna run this as if it was an actuall job?
ok...
arrive on scene and throw away my gloves. take over non-existant cpr while i advise someone to call 911. then i hook up the lp12 and convert the vtechy to atechy(since we all know that atechy is wasier to deal with.) then i give 50cc of epineferine sub-durally to stop the bleed. i then hook him up to 15 lpm via non-rebreaher and strap him to the spine board with the c-collar and block. when i get to the hospital i make him drink 2 bags of d-50 incase it was due to diabetes. when i hand him off to the doctors i leave and go to Applebees.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
We shouldn't have even indulged this post with replies. I think he knows how to spell V Tach. I think this is a piss poor attempt to be "funny". Poster, I encourage you to forget about this thread and introduce yourself properly in another. You will do wonders for yourself.

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
Okay...Patient drunk, fell and hit their head and is now bleeding from the back of their head? C-spine should have been done no matter what. My experience with drunk patients is when they fall, they fall hard. I definitally do not this this was funny in the least bit. What if this patient had a fracture and you didn't take precautions. Then who is laughing? Maybe you need to make sure your posts are complete with all information from the beginning.

MDKEMT

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
ok...
arrive on scene and throw away my gloves. take over non-existant cpr while i advise someone to call 911. then i hook up the lp12 and convert the vtechy to atechy(since we all know that atechy is wasier to deal with.) then i give 50cc of epineferine sub-durally to stop the bleed. i then hook him up to 15 lpm via non-rebreaher and strap him to the spine board with the c-collar and block. when i get to the hospital i make him drink 2 bags of d-50 incase it was due to diabetes. when i hand him off to the doctors i leave and go to Applebees.

OMG!!! Now this is funny stuff here!! Wish I read this one first!!!

MDKEMT

OP
OP
T

Turner

Forum Crew Member
He fell backwards we put him on back board to put him on the strecher and we left him on it. The guy was over 400 pounds so we are not moving him. The medics Sayed he went in to Vtach before we got there and stoped his heart.

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
Dispatched to a local restaurant/bar for heart attack manger says CPR in progress. We get there no CPR in progess medics working on him. Well he fell hit is head and was bleeding from the back of his head. Well he put him on a long board no cspine used. Long board was used to move PT. Well we transport him to Trauma center. We get there all the doctors were going crazy "No cspine!!" Is he trauma or medical nobody knows and they were yelling at each if he was a trauma or medical and yelling at us for no C spine it was funny.

Just to let Everyone know, I do know this kid in RL and he is not yet certified as an EMT, Just riding along if I believe correctly. Also, As for other forums he does have a little problem with spelling correctly, and using proper grammar. Its an issue, but just take what he says with a grain of salt and be weary as you are. Dont just insult the kid as many many have before you all.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
He fell backwards we put him on back board to put him on the strecher and we left him on it. The guy was over 400 pounds so we are not moving him. The medics Sayed he went in to Vtach before we got there and stoped his heart.

Guy fell and hit his head hard enough to bleed, c-spine, period. I can work a code on someone in c-spine, let the docs release him from it later if they determine it isn't needed, but I'm putting him in C-spine.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Just to let Everyone know, I do know this kid in RL and he is not yet certified as an EMT, Just riding along if I believe correctly. Also, As for other forums he does have a little problem with spelling correctly, and using proper grammar. Its an issue, but just take what he says with a grain of salt and be weary as you are. Dont just insult the kid as many many have before you all.

You're the first to inform us that this is a kid and a neophyte in EMS as well.

Point taken; thank you for updating us.

Last edited by a moderator:

gradygirl

TROUBLE

You're the first to inform us that this is a kid and a neophyte in EMS as well.

Point taken; thank you for updating us.

This now becomes a serious issue of malpractice on all of the other providers involved. It saddens me that individuals throw skill, protocol, and common sense out the window, especially when a trainee is present. Bad practice breeds bad practice.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain

How about we start over and forget this thread was started like some one had said earlyer, introduce your self, Age, Schooling your EMS career/training and such. It will be a new start.​

Ridryder911

EMS Guru

Non excusable! So he is a kid, who cares? He has completed above the 3'rd grade, right? Then anyone can post and spell correctly.

Unfortunately, this is another example and reconfirmation of why "riders" is a piss poor idea. I am sure if one will discuss things on a forum, then one will discuss to other common laymen the same thing, and this is something I am sure the EMS would not want to be publicized.

If one comes on a forum filled with professional providers and with it discuss opinions and then attempt to provide a scenario, expect such replies.

Want to play with the big dogs? Then one can expect to get bit.

R/r 911

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Non excusable! So he is a kid, who cares? He has completed above the 3'rd grade, right? Then anyone can post and spell correctly.

Unfortunately, this is another example and reconfirmation of why "riders" is a piss poor idea. I am sure if one will discuss things on a forum, then one will discuss to other common laymen the same thing, and this is something I am sure the EMS would not want to be publicized.

If one comes on a forum filled with professional providers and with it discuss opinions and then attempt to provide a scenario, expect such replies.

Want to play with the big dogs? Then one can expect to get bit.

R/r 911

Turner just posted in the EMT Lounge. He's a 16 year old. When is young too young? I would have to say that 16 is a tad too young, actually. Considering that the human brain doesn't mature until 25 or so, and while 18 isn't much better, I think that the stress associated with EMS is inappropriate for such a physically immature brain.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Turner just posted in the EMT Lounge. He's a 16 year old. When is young too young? I would have to say that 16 is a tad too young, actually. Considering that the human brain doesn't mature until 25 or so, and while 18 isn't much better, I think that the stress associated with EMS is inappropriate for such a physically immature brain.

Lets not have the discuccion on when young is too young again, keep it at everyone is held to a certain standard on here. If he wants to post and get actual replies he will learn to type correctly(every one knows that my posts have gotten a tad better since my original post LOL)

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Turner, I've been a college volunteer since I was 18. I also work professionally.

Please, please don't think my last post was an attack on you, because it really isn't. I am attacking the policy of EMS, because I am doing a lot of research on the mental illnesses associated with exposure to traumatic stress. (My thesis)

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
It looks like you never been on a Volunteer ambulance or have you?

It is important for you to remember that we have people from all sides, volunteer/paid. Older members who see this as a profession and want it to stay that way, therefore don't want "kids" in it. And the "younger" EMT's and Medics who will encourage junior riders, youth corp, or what ever your agency calls them. It took me a while to understand this, but once you do you will understand, and you will learn alot I kno I have.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
i love the riders...most of the time. extra free set of hands with the desire for knowledge...sometimes. Hold on i'm going to start a new post on ride alongs.