Heat Wave 2011

Niccigsu

Forum Crew Member
LoL I intentionally plan my runs or bike rides for the hottest part of the day (usually a heat index between 100 & 110) :p

Just like cold, it just takes some acclimation. A HUGE portion of our city lacks any kind of AC, and we still don't make all that many heat related deaths.

I agree, it does take some acclimation. But these same people that are mowing their lawns and sitting on their porches are generally the ones that flood the ED's here for heat related problems.

feldy

Forum Captain
being from the north (boston area) and going to school in the south...i would take a dry 102 any day over 90 with 100% humidity...Work nights so i dont have to face the worst of it.

EMSpassion94

Forum Crew Member
Yesterday it was a heat index of 136 in my town. ONE THIRTY SIX. O_O

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
at 2am it was 85 degrees out.

at 2pm, it was 105. but it's forcast to cool off tomorrow, to a nice comfy 101 degrees

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It was a beautiful balmy 82 today on the thermometer on the Beach Tower at work :)

nremtjohn

Forum Ride Along
25 consecutive days of 100+ degree temperatures. Yesterday, it was 108. Some forecasters around here (OK) are predicting that we will have temps in the 120 range in mid-August. I'm ready to move.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
it was 102 yesterday here in Miami but what makes it worse is that the heat down here is a Humid heat.. ugh.

guttruck

Forum Crew Member
Had a 5 alarm fire sunday night it was about 96 with out the fire, then the fire was in an old wood famed church so it was about 132 in the "hot zone". Needless to say it was uncomfortable lol. The windows in the houses around the fire were spidering

EMSpassion94

Forum Crew Member
Had a 5 alarm fire sunday night it was about 96 with out the fire, then the fire was in an old wood famed church so it was about 132 in the "hot zone". Needless to say it was uncomfortable lol. The windows in the houses around the fire were spidering

...........:blink:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
SCBA cylinders, right?

Most of our bretheren and sisteren will think "bottles" are for beer.;)

guttruck

Forum Crew Member
Most of our bretheren and sisteren will think "bottles" are for beer.;)

lol yea:rofl:

We actually had a guy from our company puke in his SCBA mask after 15min of pulling down double drywall ceiling tiles.......it was SUPER fun

fyi the building was a total loss it was over 50% with partial ceiling collapse

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
So, sportsfans, how are your heat related EMS runs going?

Hm?

crazycajun

Forum Captain

Fall football has begun here with practicing in helmets so our call volume always increases this time of year but other than that nothing really out of the norm.

waitsj

Forum Ride Along
wow im from louisiana so im used to it but still, thats friggin hott! hydration is key my friend........

crazycajun

Forum Captain
wow im from louisiana so im used to it but still, thats friggin hott! hydration is key my friend........

What part of Louisiana are you from? I was born and raised near New Orleans. Also worked for Acadian Ambulance for over 7 years.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Managed to put out a house fire today with about 10 people and NOT send anyone to the ER. I was shocked.

waitsj

Forum Ride Along
What part of Louisiana are you from? I was born and raised near New Orleans. Also worked for Acadian Ambulance for over 7 years.

I live here in monroe, la......I'm trying to get on with AMR or Pafford here in north la but i would love to spend some time in n.o.!!!