Having Trouble Passing NREMT-B - Suggestions?

angmitchell1206

Forum Ride Along
I know exactly how you feel. I passed the skills no problem , the written is kicking my butt.

ODIE

Forum Probie
Make sure you get plenty of sleep and eat a good breakfast. Have your colleagues give you the hardest questions they can throw at you the week prior to your test. YOU CAN DO IT! Believe in yourself.

ODIE

Forum Probie
Yes the skills are easy..... but do yourself a favor relax; it took me several attempts at my paramedic exam. You're not the only persons butt this test has kicked. I got so fed up and decided to kick back, and then I passed. Remember you made it this far, and you are a competent and a smart individual. Not everyone makes it through class. One more thing...... don't pay attention to those who say your not cut out for this field. I really hope I have given you some words of encouragement to boost your confidence. Let me know when you pass the written so I can congratulate you on your success!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
There are several dozen discussions on this forum about the most successful methods for preparing for the computer-based test.

Most of us who've been around for a while agree that computer-based prep services, like JB navigate, are the best methods for preparing and achieving success with the computer-based test.

Bad advice is, "read the book over again", cram the night before the test, or asking other people what they had difficulty with and study that.

A test prep service will help you identify areas where you are weak in base knowledge and help you with the critical thinking that you need to answer adaptive questions.

Good luck, and use a test prep.

brettman13

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone! I am 21, and I am trying to achieve my goal of becoming an EMT-B.
I have completed my EMT course in May of this year, and I have been unsuccessful with completing the NREMT twice.
I don't understand what I am doing wrong, and I have come here looking for study tips or tricks on how you successfully passed.
Thank you, and any help would be greatly appreciated

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello everyone! I am 21, and I am trying to achieve my goal of becoming an EMT-B.
I have completed my EMT course in May of this year, and I have been unsuccessful with completing the NREMT twice.
I don't understand what I am doing wrong, and I have come here looking for study tips or tricks on how you successfully passed.
Thank you, and any help would be greatly appreciated
The post above yours might be worth looking at....

DHager

Forum Ride Along
Not sure if it has already been mentioned but, I downloaded an application off the Apple Store called EMT Review Plus by Limmer Creative. The App was $10.00 but helped astronomically in studying. I only used the App to study, no textbooks.

TB4Life01

Forum Ride Along
hello, does anyone have any experience with nremt assessment tests, wanting to move to washington state and was told by dept of health i would have to take an nremt assessment test for emt for reciprocity,
can anyone give me any insight as to what this is or have any experience with this?
thanks...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
You just need to take the NREMT written. When you submit your application to the states they will make it so you can schedule yourself to the the NREMT written and just need to pass that. I don't know if you have to have a sponsoring agency first or not.

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Got my results today morning failed my 1st attempt but that's okay,just means I have to study much more. Got it on my second try :)

notverycreative

Forum Ride Along
It may have been mentioned, But JBlearing test prep helped a lot of my class mates. It takes questions from (or did) the NREMT test bank. Not that you can remember the questions answers so don't even try lol. But It prepares you for the type of questions you'll be answering. Good luck!

NomadicMedic

It may have been mentioned, But JBlearing test prep helped a lot of my class mates. It takes questions from (or did) the NREMT test bank. Not that you can remember the questions answers so don't even try lol. But It prepares you for the type of questions you'll be answering. Good luck!

Just to be clear, JB Navigate does not use any questions from the NREMT test bank. That would compromise the integrity of the test.

What it does do is use questions similar in structure to NRENT CBT questions and provide rationale for correct and incorrect answer selection. Trying to memorize answers to specific questions is not how to succeed at adaptive testing. Instead, tests of this nature probe your critical thinking skills, forcing you to use the education you hopefully gained during the class to solve the scenario questions.

Using a test prep service like JB Learning is as close to the CBT as you'll get until you take the test.

Good luck.

notverycreative

Forum Ride Along
Just to be clear, JB Navigate does not use any questions from the NREMT test bank. That would compromise the integrity of the test. .
Thanks for the correction! It appears I received incorrect information, guess that would be pretty silly. None the less, it's a great test prep!

Albert Reyes

Forum Ride Along
This will not help anybody but I just want to say much props to all you who put the study and work into passing the NREMT!! I was grandfathered in and did not have to take it. I probably wouldn't be able to pass it either on the first try!! and i've been doing this job 16 years!! Study Hard!!!

concha

Forum Ride Along
was a paramedic in NY work as a medic for a year , moved to CT got my state license got hired and while gettinv med control found out they require me to habe NREMT, so i went and took the test , no prep , because im an idiot, went to 150 question and failed. I was told that most people fail because they go too fast , so the 2nd time I really took my time , read each question twice amd really thought about each question, and i ran out of time on question 82 and failed . study relentlessly for two weeks and took it again , went to 150 questions again but i felt good about it , like i knew the answers, and I failed. Took my 48 refresher , was super serious paid complete attention and i knew allbthe information. Paid for several different onlind nremt apps including JP learning, and just took the test for the 4th time, and damn it , it went to 150 question AGAIN! What am i doing wrong! I am a great paramedic , i worked as an emt for 5 years in a busy commercial agency, and a year as a paramedic in that same commercial agency, work with er doctors in the ER, im not dumb , i know the material , why cant i pass this damn test! Please any suggestions.

NomadicMedic

Well, time to be honest. You obviously do not know the material if you failed 4 times. Don't kid yourself.

Maybe time to take the class over again?

concha

Forum Ride Along
I did a one on one 48 hour refresher course before this last attempt, the instructor said my knowledge base was more then enough. Idk maybs your right time to mive on. I enjoyed working as a medic and i was good at it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

PsychEMS499

Forum Ride Along
Make sure you're studying to the test and figuring out what the test makers are wanting you to answer for each question. Get an EMT app or program that also gives you rationale IMMEDIATELY after you answer each question. This will help train your mind to think the way the test makers intended for you to think. You need to understand why you get questions wrong and why you get questions right. At least that's what my friends and I did and we all ended up passing, but it was a lot of studying knowledge and the test itself.

Xciceroguy

Forum Ride Along
I downloaded an app on my iPhone that was full of practice questions. EMT prep I think it was called. I also watched videos on YouTube. Especially pertaining to the function of the heart. The videos I believe made all the difference. Good luck and never give up.