Happy Thanksgiving!

DonQ

Forum Crew Member
It's 12:21am here in Illinois. I'd like to be the first to celebrate! :) Happy Thanksgiving! :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I would also like to pass on my wishes that everyone has a Happy (and more importantly, SAFE) Thanksgiving.

I would also like to be the first to do this and take this moment to wish DonQ a

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY!!! :D

(I know it's not until this weekend, but I couldn't resist. :p )

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm a bit late on this one, life is tough without internet access.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by MMiz@Nov 25 2004, 07:16 PM
...life is tough without internet access.
Glad to see the DT's aren't affecting your typing too much. :p

OP
OP
D

DonQ

Forum Crew Member
Haha, thanks everyone...don't know how you found out. Or is it in me profile? ....hmm. Anyway, I'm REALLY excited. *squee* :D

rescuecpt

Ok, totally unrelated but I had to share... My office adopted an outreach center in NYC to play "Santa" for. Everyone who wanted to received a "Dear Santa" letter from a little kid. Mine is a 4 year old girl. Her letter said "Dear Santa, I will like a Barbie car, a cat, a car, and a guitar. Thank you." Hehe... I used to do this in college (my sorority sponsored an angel tree) but I haven't done it since until now...

I spent about $80 and I got a Barbie convertible, two Barbies with accessories, two extra outfits, a Disney Cinderella princess dress/nightgown, two coloring books with crayons, a pink guitar with matching sunglasses and feather boa, and a cat that you can feed a bottle and that purrs and meows. Going shopping for this little girl has given me more of a high than I've had in a long time... I suggest if you can, get some stuff for toys for tots or a food drive near you or something along those lines - it's the best feeling!

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
rescuecapt:

Bless your generosity. You have found the true meaning of the holiday. I am very proud of you. It feels great doesn't it?

Just an fyi - that little girl will never forget that someone cared!!

Keep up the great work and have a reat holiday!

Margaritaville B)

sunshine1026

Forum Crew Member
That's really cool....just thinking of how much that little girl will like those gifts has made me smile. :p

Also, even though I'm a little bit late, Happy Thanksgiving as well!

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
My Daughter and I do something like that every year. They have the Angel trees around our area and we always pick a child from them when we see one. My daughter has an over sized heart for a 12 year old, she ALWAYS thinks of the less fourtunate before herself. I am really proud of her for that . We also go to this auction and they have a toys for needy children box that you can buy items that are auctioned and put them in the box. Last year my daughter spent about $50.00 of her own money that she had saved on toys for that box, it was alot of toys because most of them sold for about $2.00. I have a really great kid. :rolleyes:

rescuecpt

Originally posted by kyleybug@Nov 28 2004, 06:33 AM
My Daughter and I do something like that every year. They have the Angel trees around our area and we always pick a child from them when we see one. My daughter has an over sized heart for a 12 year old, she ALWAYS thinks of the less fourtunate before herself. I am really proud of her for that . We also go to this auction and they have a toys for needy children box that you can buy items that are auctioned and put them in the box. Last year my daughter spent about $50.00 of her own money that she had saved on toys for that box, it was alot of toys because most of them sold for about $2.00. I have a really great kid. :rolleyes:
That's really cool. :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I've been reading this thread for a couple of days now and for some reason haven't replied.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend.