Hands Free CPR Device

spike91

Forum Lieutenant
I was lurking an EMS site the other day when I saw a similar video. Originally it was being shown as a device to provide EMS with a safer alternative for when we're in the box administering CPR while going emergent to a call.

First thoughts were very cynical, did a little more youtube lurking and found this.

Anyone have any experience with this? According to the video positive results so far, looks pretty intriguing.

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/new-cpr-machine-trialled/xy71420

JPINFV

Gadfly
That would be the Zoll Autopulse. If my memory serves me correctly based on the prior discussion, the research has shown an increase in ROSC, but no increase in survival to hospital discharge.

Edit: Interesting JAMA editorial regarding two contradictory studies regarding the Autopulse in 2006.
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/295/22/2661

Last edited by a moderator:

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
I used it when working for Charleston County EMS. It's decent, but bulky. It may not fit in a mini-mod, and definitely not in a van style. It also doesn't work on the horizontally challenged.

alphatrauma

Forum Captain

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
We have 2 LUCAS devices and an AutoPulse. Both are outstanding. You can drop lines without a constricting band.

Too bad they are both in the 20k range....

Code 20

Forum Ride Along
We have 2 LUCAS devices and an AutoPulse. Both are outstanding. You can drop lines without a constricting band.

Too bad they are both in the 20k range....

Yeah i hope that the comapny i go with will get this thing it would be great in a multi car crash get one victom on that when we can start working on the other victom. 20K damn that sucks

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Yeah i hope that the comapny i go with will get this thing it would be great in a multi car crash get one victom on that when we can start working on the other victom. 20K damn that sucks

If that is the case you are looking at, then forget it. Trauma arrests should be left right there.

Think of the safety when moving down the road, not trauma arrests.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

viccitylifeguard

Forum Probie
designs like these ones have been around for decades. my uncle was an inventor and was working on a air powered device to do compressions about 15years ago but stopped because of funding and couldnt find a more efficant air supply (a M tank i think this is the large one on most ambulances would run out in less than 10min)