Halls Ambulance Application

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
My roommate works for Hall so I will ask him. You could also talk to people in your orientation class. My first apartment up here was 795 a month with a 450 security deposit for a 2 bedroom in a gated community, with 24 hour security, 2 pools, gym, etc. So several people splitting the rent is very doable up here.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So everything went pretty well...except for the fact that I currently live 2 hours away (and it really is right on the dot pulling out of my garage in Azusa to pulling up at Hall)

Since there's pretty much no way I'd be able to start with the Oct class, they want to give me enough time to "get my ducks in a row" for Nov.

They don't want to pass on me (yay!), but they also want to make sure I'm not trying to drive 2 hours before/after each shift and burning all my paycheck and end up quitting after 2-3 months.

Since I did say I'm looking at apartments in the area they want me to have everything lined up first.

Now I didn't tell them this next part, but life and murphy intervened and some family issues came up just last night that may end up precluding my ability to move away. :-( So I was definitely distracted and not giving off the "hire me now!" vibe. Right now, I am glad they didn't just straight up pass on me and gave me the time to sort out those issues.

So yeah, at the moment I'm not exactly feeling my best :-/

So everything went pretty well...except for the fact that I currently live 2 hours away (and it really is right on the dot pulling out of my garage in Azusa to pulling up at Hall)

Since there's pretty much no way I'd be able to start with the Oct class, they want to give me enough time to "get my ducks in a row" for Nov.

They don't want to pass on me (yay!), but they also want to make sure I'm not trying to drive 2 hours before/after each shift and burning all my paycheck and end up quitting after 2-3 months.

Since I did say I'm looking at apartments in the area they want me to have everything lined up first.

Now I didn't tell them this next part, but life and murphy intervened and some family issues came up just last night that may end up precluding my ability to move away. :-( So I was definitely distracted and not giving off the "hire me now!" vibe. Right now, I am glad they didn't just straight up pass on me and gave me the time to sort out those issues.

Apply to AMR San Bernardino County buddy. Victorville, Redlands, or Rancho. It's not as far as Bakersfield and sure is waaaaaaaay better than LA/OC.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief

Bummer man. Hope everything works out