HALL AMBULANCE

Hey fella! I just interviewed and got hired at hall ambulance. So if you have any questions
At least three of the posters who replied to this thread work at Hall.

chrisemtmags

Forum Probie
It was a bit difficult since i dont live in bakersfield currently, but It was 2 interviews and a physical it was good to try to see if you really wanted to get the job or not

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
It was a bit difficult since i dont live in bakersfield currently, but It was 2 interviews and a physical it was good to try to see if you really wanted to get the job or not
I was in the same boat. I drove up after a 12-hour night shift, got a hair cut along the way, napped for 45-minutes in a McDonalds parking lot then got changed into a suit in a gas station bathroom.

It was the only date they had available for an interview and I wasn't going to say no because I had work haha.

chrisemtmags

Forum Probie
Nice erick there are a couple of Hall employees on the thread, I'm sure they would help you. Did you apply already?

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
Nice erick there are a couple of Hall employees on the thread, I'm sure they would help you. Did you apply already?
Not yet, i have some things i have to take care of at the moment, but hall is the place where i want to apend decades at.

chrisemtmags

Forum Probie
I was in the same boat. I drove up after a 12-hour night shift, got a hair cut along the way, napped for 45-minutes in a McDonalds parking lot then got changed into a suit in a gas station bathroom.

It was the only date they had available for an interview and I wasn't going to say no because I had work haha.

Did you get the job?

chrisemtmags

Forum Probie
Not yet, i have some things i have to take care of at the moment, but hall is the place where i want to apend decades at.

Yeah from what I read and heard they are a really good company to work for. So I hope you get the job when you apply.

chrisemtmags

Forum Probie
It wasn't horrible, but wasn't a walk in the park either. I think honesty is good, if you're likable and willing to move to bakersfield and show experience and loyalty, i think you have a good chance. Also try not to mention wanting to be a firefighter. From the other Hall threads they say you'll be fighting a uphill battle.

OP
OP
wtferick

wtferick

Forum Captain
It wasn't horrible, but wasn't a walk in the park either. I think honesty is good, if you're likable and willing to move to bakersfield and show experience and loyalty, i think you have a good chance. Also try not to mention wanting to be a firefighter. From the other Hall threads they say you'll be fighting a uphill battle.
yeah makes sense. Thanks very much and like before, congrats! Think im gonna try to get a little bit of 911 experience before i jump into a company with ALS first on scene.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
yeah makes sense. Thanks very much and like before, congrats! Think im gonna try to get a little bit of 911 experience before i jump into a company with ALS first on scene.
Where do you work now?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Well dont want to mention as to idk who will see it lol but i do plan on applying to shoreline ambulance and go to summer school then apply up in kern. Co.
If you're working for one of those BLS 911 ambulance companies (cough CARE, McCormick) where fire runs the show, I wouldn't waste your time. I know what its like. Compared to working in a PROPER 911 system, the time you spend there will be wasted. Its hard to learn when the 18 paramedics on scene only need you to lift and push. No offense meant to you at all, someone has to do it, but that's no way to learn.

Also, I haven't heard wonderful things about Shoreline... Be sure they are solid before going there.

Well dont want to mention as to idk who will see it lol but i do plan on applying to shoreline ambulance and go to summer school then apply up in kern. Co.
Skip Shoreline altogether and apply at Hall. We have both BLS and ALS 911 units and chances are, if hired, you will probably start on a BLS unit.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Skip Shoreline altogether and apply at Hall. We have both BLS and ALS 911 units and chances are, if hired, you will probably start on a BLS unit.
And those BLS units run 911 just like anyone else. Exactly* like what you're doing now, but no paramedic to tell you what to do.

* okay probably not going to get many shootings or critical calls. But they slip through. :D

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
There's nothing you're going to learn doing BLS transport for the Fire dept that you need to effectively work at Hall. They will train you as a new EMT whether you worked for McCormick for 9 years or you did dialysis for a few months. And they'll train you their own way. If you have other reasons for putting off applying/relocating then so be it, but don't put it off so you can gain a lesser quality of experience somewhere else if working for Hall is your end goal.