HALL AMBULANCE

Patrick Holland

Forum Probie
Is it a requirement to move to Bakersfield? Also, does anyone at Hall commute from LA County? And if so, how do they feel about the commute?

They prefer that you live in Kern County, but some do commute from LA County.

Move up and get a an apartment for $500 a month. Cheaper than a $1500 a month studio apartment in LA county
$500 a month perhaps if your renting on the Eastside or in the Dale.

RLE07

Forum Ride Along
Hey fella! I just interviewed and got hired at hall ambulance. So if you have any questions
Hi I have a question. I just got accepted into the new academy and did my physical yesterday. Do
You have any idea how many of those weights you have to put into the crate is 75 lbs?

Hi I have a question. I just got accepted into the new academy and did my physical yesterday. Do
You have any idea how many of those weights you have to put into the crate is 75 lbs?
I want to say there's about 10 "weights" that go into the crate. And, don't worry too much about the weights, they're weighted tubes, not disc.

RLE07

Forum Ride Along
I want to say there's about 10 "weights" that go into the crate. And, don't worry too much about the weights, they're weighted tubes, not disc.
He wouldn't tell me how much they weighed so I have no idea how much I lifted. I did all the blue and 1 purple. So hopefully that's enough!

Must have gotten easier... I remember putting one black, one blue, and all the purple in the same crate.

RLE07

Forum Ride Along
Must have gotten easier... I remember putting one black, one blue, and all the purple in the same crate.
Well the purple are the lightest and then the blue and black is heaviest. So he had me do all the blue and one purple in the same crate. So I have no idea lol. I really hope I passed though.

Well the purple are the lightest and then the blue and black is heaviest. So he had me do all the blue and one purple in the same crate. So I have no idea lol. I really hope I passed though.
They'd tell you if you didn't pass the fitness assessment.

RLE07

Forum Ride Along
They'd tell you if you didn't pass the fitness assessment.
I didn't pass. And he didn't tell me. I had to ask someone today while going back to get my tb results two days later. So I'm out. Really sucks. I wanted this more than anything. And I failed. I'm a 5'2 female at 120 lbs who had a baby 3 months ago. I guess I'll have to try again. I really want this job.

Keep trying. There's going to most likely be an academy in August as well.

Also, it never hurts to ask for a retest.

I asked. They wouldn't let me retake it.
Who'd you ask? Also, reapply for the August academy when applications become available.

twilson

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone, would anyone that works at Hall be able to give me information on the Dispatcher position they have open? Just wanted to know about pay scale, advancement, schedule, overtime opportunities. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Hi everyone, would anyone that works at Hall be able to give me information on the Dispatcher position they have open? Just wanted to know about pay scale, advancement, schedule, overtime opportunities. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
My understanding is they only hire internally for those positions.