Getting (and staying) Fit

Exactly! I keep telling my dad that, bit why would a dad ever listen to his son. Lol!

Besides, I absolutely hate the texture/feel of steel cut oats. :-S

It all comes from the same oat kernels.
For some reason, many fitness Nazis are convinced that steel cut oats are the only way to go. Little do they realize that cutting your food vs crushing it makes little difference...

Maybe they just assume that since it tastes like sand and is expensive, it must be good for you? lol

I looked up the website that JD9940 suggested. All of the exercises listed look safe enough, except the "Clean and Jerk." Isn't it a generally a no-no to "swing" the weights and/or jump whilst holding a weight bar? I always thought weight lifting should be done in a smooth, controlled motion. Am I mis-informed?

I did another stretcher lift on Wednesday night. It was actually a lot easier since I've been hitting the gym. (I know, amazing, right? :P :rolleyes: LoL) This stretcher was a Stryker 250(?) and the "patient" was a small-framed woman who I'm guessing weighed about 120 lbs. My "partner" in lifting was a woman of average size and strength.

Also, my older brother (he has worked in various manual labor jobs) said that taking an amino acid supplement might help build muscle. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to talk to him about *any* supplements. I was just wondering if any of you had taken any supplements, and, if so, did they help at all?

Thanks all! :)

As long as you use proper form you will be fine. Just be careful with the cleans.

The clean and jerk (along with just a clean) is an Olympic lift that I wouldn't recommend to anyone who isn't a seasoned athlete. So those are out.

And at your level of performance, no supplement is going to make a noticeable difference (safely). Just focus on diet and excercise.

The only supplement that is going to truly help you is whey protein.

I think you must concentrate on making strength and stamina. Take proper diet, have a nice exercise plan and even consult your doctor to take pills like extenze, silica which can boost your fitness a lot.

I think you must concentrate on making strength and stamina. Take proper diet, have a nice exercise plan and even consult your doctor to take pills like extenze, silica which can boost your fitness a lot.

Extenze? Uhm, thats a male enhancement product. I am not a male, and I don't need enhancement of that area! :rofl:

Bodybuilding.com has great fitness plans and tells you what foods to eat and also if you want to take supplements then they give a list of supplements to take.

Last edited by a moderator:

Could someone please ban this spammer?
He's just trying to sell boner pills.

One of the local parks by my house has one of those fitness trail type things. I like it because it's out doors, has a variety of exercises (3 day cycle, each day has 4 exercises per station), and has a built in set of goals (i.e. beginner difficulty is exercise 1 and 2 per station, 1-2 sets, and complete the entire course in about 35 minutes).

Getting in shape

I'm trying to get back into shape too. I work a full time job now (not ems-related) and try to go walking/jogging (intervals) or kayaking on my days off. I used to like to go after work but now I get out @ 6 and it's dark/almost dark by the time I get home. I am going to re-join Planet Fitness here soon.I'm trying to do cardio and do some basic weights at home; been pretty successful, but not really losing any weight.I've changed my eating habits (everyone falls prey to chocolate sometimes though!) and added some Whey as well. I'm mostly concerned with weight training, as I'm kinda small (average 5'3+, 150 lbs) and I can't lift a lot. Any suggestions?

kate

Running or cycling is my favorite way to keep the pounds off and maintain good endurance. I've got several coworkers that have gotten into cycling, all of whom have lost weight. My supervisor went from 300lbs to 180lbs with cycling and a moderate diet change (he still eats out with us all the time :P )

Running or cycling is my favorite way to keep the pounds off and maintain good endurance. I've got several coworkers that have gotten into cycling, all of whom have lost weight. My supervisor went from 300lbs to 180lbs with cycling and a moderate diet change (he still eats out with us all the time :P )

WOW! That's great!! I'm slowly working up to running..again. I like to do intervals of walking and jogging. Running is just torture :P

Hoping to get a bike sometime soon. Probably will wait till next spring. I have my eye on a triathlon in May that I'd love to do, but I have no idea how long it will take to be able to train for a 24 mile bike. Any thoughts? I'm currently running 3-5 miles, 3-4 days a week.

Hoping to get a bike sometime soon. Probably will wait till next spring. I have my eye on a triathlon in May that I'd love to do, but I have no idea how long it will take to be able to train for a 24 mile bike. Any thoughts? I'm currently running 3-5 miles, 3-4 days a week.
I would love to do a tri! Sadly, me and swimming do not mix very well... :(
I'd be willing to bet you could hop on a bike, and 2-3 weeks later be able to ride 24mi with relatively no problem. 24 actually isn't too terribly far of a ride. I think my first ride ever was 20. I'd say its comparable to maybe a 5-6 mi run.

Hi, I am thinking about starting a baby diet food for 2 month for my weight issues. I want to get married and these overweight issues stopping me to meet a beautiful girl. I heard about hcg a lot but want to get reviews on it from you guys.

Back