Get Out of LA and California for that matter!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
There are a zillion great places to work... and with the exception of Hall, none of them are in California.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
and with the exception of Hall...
It’s certainly been a good place to, and for me. It has changesd a lot though, even before Mr. H’s passing.

My wife is still kicking around going back for her FNP once the girls are high school/ middle school age. Who knows what will happen at that point.

There are certainly those fair share of “too bad it’s not this state, or that country” moments, but the older I get quite literally the less I care where I practice.
Riverside and San Bernardino counties aren’t that bad protocol wise.
Yeah, they’re not bad. I think many non-Californians lump things not known, or seen firsthand directly into what I like to refer to as the “Squad 51 Bucket”.

I literally cannot recall the last time I had to ask for permission to perform something within my protocols on a standard ground ambulance shift.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I just want to go somewhere where I can help make the operational changes necessary to provide great work and medicine

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I just want to go somewhere where I can help make the operational changes necessary to provide great work and medicine

Get a voice big enough that’s how we got TXA in our scope and how Ketamine is a trail study. Also sounds like we may be getting push dose epi here in the next protocol update in April 2019.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

You have to put your time in. Go get a job in a small system, build yourself, your leadership skillset and your resume and then go for it.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
You have to put your time in. Go get a job in a small system, build yourself, your leadership skillset and your resume and then go for it.
I was going to say pretty much the same thing. Get a job in a small system, and rise to a manager role. then you can make some changes. use that experience to pad your resume to take a similar role in a larger agency.

do the same thing every 3-5 years; that seems to be a common trend, do what you can, than take a position with the larger agency.