GCTI Ambulance Raided

OP
OP
gonefishing

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief

EMTIFT

Forum Ride Along
This place should have been shut down a long time ago. Worked there 2 years ago for 2 weeks and quit because of all the shady things I saw.

Supervisor telling me to always write Pt place on gurney every single run sheet even though 95% of the Pts we took could walk and some could probably still run a mile.

The PCS forms were left blank because they had a physician there who signed it, but the physician never saw the Pts.

Some of the people there were also the biggest douches I have ever met, but that is not illegal

People were also getting fired for the smallest things that weren't there fault also Also never giving lunch breaks. In all, I really hope they get shut down and the owners get sent to jail.

dC0m

Forum Crew Member
I still see them operating...

Being raided does not mean you have to shut down the business, unless the court tells you to cease operations. Until they find information incriminating you, you still have a license to operate (until the country catches wind of it).

Another ambulance company in San Diego was raided a few months ago, and they're still operating today. Again, these raids are ways for the government to find out obtain information and any illegal documents that they can use to incriminate you. And until they do, you can still operate. There are times where they might not find anything at all and the company goes on like nothing happened.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Search warrant often times is fishing expedition. Notice they didn't arrest people, they just took boxes of evidence. The way it basically works is someone gave them a tip that there might been criminal activity. They took that "evidence" to the judge and got a warrant. Many judges will give officer a warrant if he just swears they believe the evidence is real and they believe their "informant". The raid is real deal when they either find evidence or not. Basically they take away what they believe might be evidence and then look through it. The investigation might takes months or years and nothing might come out of it. If there is something really going on, the owners or who is responsible will be arrested in few weeks, otherwise it might never happen. Does anyone know if warrant been unsealed yet?

Also there is nothing county can do about their license to operate unless they are violating county rules and generally speaking county don't deal with medicaid/medicare fraud.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
oh i see. maybe their workers comp was up for renewal and they didnt pay.

While technically that is what company should do, unless someone reported them(very unlikely) no one would actually closed them . So something else is going on here. I tried to look up with whom they are insured for worker comp and can't find it and i went back to February 1

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
While technically that is what company should do, unless someone reported them(very unlikely) no one would actually closed them . So something else is going on here. I tried to look up with whom they are insured for worker comp and can't find it and i went back to February 1
Then it's possible that some agency found out that they didn't actually have WC coverage and now they have to close up until they can show/prove coverage... but my squirrel sense tells me that there's not a huge chance that they'll open for business on Monday. They might reopen and if it does happen Monday, I'd be quite surprised unless they've got all their ducks (and whatever else) in a row.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Then it's possible that some agency found out that they didn't actually have WC coverage and now they have to close up until they can show/prove coverage... but my squirrel sense tells me that there's not a huge chance that they'll open for business on Monday. They might reopen and if it does happen Monday, I'd be quite surprised unless they've got all their ducks (and whatever else) in a row.

From not having worker comp insurance to having it takes about 3 weeks. So it's possible they been working on it and it might be finalized come Monday. It's hard to know exactly what is going on.

Kiiso

Forum Ride Along
It has to do with medical fraud forsure due to who ever does the billing and properly due to the accident earlier in the year when 2 of the Emts and 1 Rt for injured & 1 is still getting medical attention