Galls??

creative_soul

Forum Crew Member
Has anyone heard of Galls? I have been looking for the uniform I need for when I start to do runs and I found some VERY reasonablly priced stuf there. Just wondering if they are good since everyone knows you get what you pay for. Thanks in advance :)

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Has anyone heard of Galls? I have been looking for the uniform I need for when I start to do runs and I found some VERY reasonablly priced stuf there. Just wondering if they are good since everyone knows you get what you pay for. Thanks in advance :)

Yes, Galls is a Nationally Known Company. I would say their fine.

Barney_Fife

Forum Crew Member
Galls is the most over priced garbage..

However. They're having a sale right now.. So, if you need uniforms, hurry up. Online only. They have a lot of really cheap crap. In fact, I bought the service a new trauma bag. The modular bags, the big bag with the five pouches. Normally $59.. Only $24.. Wow. Which I'm amazed. Overpriced wackjob stuff usually.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Galls, also known as whackers-annonymous. It is a solid merchant for equipment, but best left to institutional purchases. As for your uniform, it is usually supplied by your employer, no need to purchase yourself.

OP
OP
C

creative_soul

Forum Crew Member
I jusy hope the stuff I got lasts a little while anyways. My uniform is just navy cargo pants, a white polo, and black boots. Got all of it for $20 after shipping and stuff so I guess even if it sucks at least I didn't spend a fortune. Maybe you you recommend a better company to go with?:)

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Galls is a great company, they do charge more than some on certain items. They ARE best left up to Whackers or institutions but I have purchased many things from them. They have a storefront about an hour or so away from me and the staff are SUPER friendly.

OP
OP
C

creative_soul

Forum Crew Member
Ok, so at the severe risk of sounding stupid....what exactly classifies someone as a "whacker"? Just curious :p

feldy

Forum Captain
lapolicegear.com has a lot of stuff like tactical pants 5.11 and propper...and there are always discounts you can use there...if you cant find them...go to retailmenot.com and type in lapolicegear.com and it will give a lot of coupon codes that work.

Anto

Forum Probie
Galls here had a store closing sale. 50% off ANYTHING in the store which later changed to 90%. All the Surefires, 5.11 tactical and lvl3 trauma plates were snagged first. I got some good stuff for really cheap.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've dealth with Galls a couple of times. They stock 5.11 EMS pants (usually) and just happened to have my size in stock when everyone else had it on backorder. But yea, tehy can be pricey for certain things

JonTullos

Forum Captain
I just bought four long sleeved uniform shirts for about $7. So far I like the other shirts I've gotten from them (my service doesn't provide unis).

MRE

Forum Captain
I have bought a few things at Galls, and some of them have been great, while some are not. They have not given me any problems with returning the junk items to them for a refund though.

Know what you are buying and go with brand names if possible.

OP
OP
C

creative_soul

Forum Crew Member
What items to stock my ems bad with

Just wondering what supplies and tools should be in every EMT's bag and for any not so obvious things; why. Thanks!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Your trauma bag should come with the ambulance.

Your from Canada, so I wouldn't expect you to understand... but the economy in the U.S. is so bad right now that EMTs and Medics are expected to supply their own jump bags as the Amulance companies just can't afford it... :p

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Your from Canada, so I wouldn't expect you to understand... but the economy in the U.S. is so bad right now that EMTs and Medics are expected to supply their own jump bags as the Amulance companies just can't afford it... :p

The truth is oftimes spoken in jest? ;)