Galls??

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Your from Canada, so I wouldn't expect you to understand... but the economy in the U.S. is so bad right now that EMTs and Medics are expected to supply their own jump bags as the Amulance companies just can't afford it... :p

You joke, but I've run into faulty equipment that we can't afford to replace on our kits. So some things it's best to get on your own, or find a working version, and sign them out and carry your own kit. So you know your equipment works.

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
Your from Canada, so I wouldn't expect you to understand... but the economy in the U.S. is so bad right now that EMTs and Medics are expected to supply their own jump bags as the Amulance companies just can't afford it... :p

If a company couldn't afford supplies I don't think I would want to work for them (see poor financial management).

I can imagine, though, the crunch that is placed on the volly agencies with increased unemployment/lower people insured/lower reimbursement rates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
If a company couldn't afford supplies I don't think I would want to work for them (see poor financial management).

I can imagine, though, the crunch that is placed on the volly agencies with increased unemployment/lower people insured/lower reimbursement rates.

It's not just volly agencies in this crunch. I can think of several govt services in my state that are paid that are very close to going under because of their budget status. They can't afford equipment or truck maintenance. It's crunch time for many different types of services. This isn't limited to rural areas either, services operating in major areas are feeling the crunch.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
You joke, but I've run into faulty equipment that we can't afford to replace on our kits. So some things it's best to get on your own, or find a working version, and sign them out and carry your own kit. So you know your equipment works.
oh absolutely not!!!! do not do this, this is incredibly stupid, incredibly personally dangers, and a horrible idea!!!! and I am in the US, working for two seperate EMS systems in economically poor areas.

the equipment that is supplied by your agency is what your agency uses. not only that, it is what their policies say you should use, and what they insure you to use. so if you use non-provided equipment, and the patient sues, you can be held personally liable, and the agency can say you are on your own because you are using your own equipment. this is a very bad idea. No medic should ever have to staff the ambulance with personal equipment because the agency won't. if they are expecting you to, find another job.

your agency is responsible for providing you with the tools to do your job. i don't mean an upgraded scope or gloves, but all equipment should be in good working order. if not, don't take the ambulance out. get your boss to replace it. I don't care how broke your agency is, they need to maintain all their equipment. Not only that, if you start using your personal equipment instead (which you pay for), then it gives them further reason NOT to repair or replace what is faulty, since you will just bring your own. so the rigs get equipped, and not at their expense. it is a VERY BAD IDEA, don't do it.

btw, I like using galls to shop. brand names only, not the store brand. to look around and see something I like. there are cheaper brands prices on the internet. find what you want, then use google to find the best price.

Hal9000

Forum Captain
Galls..

Galls, I have noticed, seems to equip a lot of people with their own private ambulance car. However, if you don't buy 8 multifunction LEDs, 10 LSBs, etc., you can do well with Galls.

By waiting for their sales, I have managed to purchase a ton of replacement items for one service. You can get really good deals on some very nice items if you are patient and wait around.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Galls stuff is ok. I've actually been looking for a Class B uniform shirt that I can wear when I'm just helping out first aid booths/EMS/Fire/ State of Emergency. Its good to have if your a volley EMT. SOmetime buying your own uniform from a company you like is actually better. I love 5.11 tactical EMS pants and so I only buy form them

btw... I know we have tons of threads on boots but has anyone tried the new galls steel toes? Just wanted a little input there