FP-C renew question

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Hey guys, I wanted to ask those of you who have renewed your FP-C this year your new cert expires?
My first one was 4 years, and this was my first recert. It says it doesn't expire until 2027. Is that an error or is it really good for eight years after your first recert? Granted, I had like 500 CEs, but generally that doesn't count for more than one recert interval. Couldn't find any info on the ISBC website about cert length. Thanks.

Reactions: Jon

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Everyone I have talked to who has gone through a recert says it is still 4 years.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
why don't you just ask IBSC directly? here, I will even help you out: https://www.ibscertifications.org/ scroll to the bottom, and you will see an area that says "QUESTIONS"

Send them a message and you can get an authoritative reply.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
why don't you just ask IBSC directly? here, I will even help you out: https://www.ibscertifications.org/ scroll to the bottom, and you will see an area that says "QUESTIONS"

Its an expensive cert to get and maintain. If they made a mistake and gave him an 8 year cycle, im sure he would rather not bring it to their attention.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

Its an expensive cert to get and maintain. If they made a mistake and gave him an 8 year cycle, im sure he would rather not bring it to their attention.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Thanks @GMCmedic; someone gets it... Which is why we’re on here to help each other out.

Thanks for that reply though, “Dr.” Like I said I have the ISBC website...

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Sandpit's employer to Sandpit: "Did you falsify your FP-C certification?"

Sandpit: "Of course not, how could you even think that!!! I'm a good, hard working medic, and I'm insulted that you would even think that!"

Sandpit's employer:"Well, here is the thing: FP-C certs expire every 4 years.... yet yours expires in 8 years... so either your certification is fraudulent, which is likely a terminateable offense for falsifying your credentials, or out of every FP-C in the world, you are the only one who got an 8 year cert. Which do you think is more likely?"

Sandpit: "Well, I have this letter from ISBC verifying that my cert does, indeed expire in 8 years, which is unusual.... here let me show it to you"
or
Sandpit:"Well, it's legit, so I guess I will need to reach out to ISBC to verification"

ISBC:"Huh, that's weird. Looks like a glitch. Either enjoy your 8 year card, or after 4 years we will remove you from our system because every card expires every 4 years, and yours is an obvious misprint"

Do The Right Thing, Even When No One Is Watching: It’s Called Integrity

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Sandpit's employer to Sandpit: "Did you falsify your FP-C certification?"

Sandpit: "Of course not, how could you even think that!!! I'm a good, hard working medic, and I'm insulted that you would even think that!"

Sandpit's employer:"Well, here is the thing: FP-C certs expire every 4 years.... yet yours expires in 8 years... so either your certification is fraudulent, which is likely a terminateable offense for falsifying your credentials, or out of every FP-C in the world, you are the only one who got an 8 year cert. Which do you think is more likely?"

Sandpit: "Well, I have this letter from ISBC verifying that my cert does, indeed expire in 8 years, which is unusual.... here let me show it to you"
or
Sandpit:"Well, it's legit, so I guess I will need to reach out to ISBC to verification"

ISBC:"Huh, that's weird. Looks like a glitch. Either enjoy your 8 year card, or after 4 years we will remove you from our system because every card expires every 4 years, and yours is an obvious misprint"

Do The Right Thing, Even When No One Is Watching: It’s Called Integrity
I doubt they would go through the effort to actually contact IBSC. If they did anything additional it would probably just to look up his cert on IBSC website and see if that expiration date matches his card.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
There are others in my state on the ISBC website verification page who show an expiration of 2027; I am not the only one.

I am overwhelmed by your concern for my well being and integrity. Thank you so much. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum experienced similar outcomes upon recertification.

For additional info: it is unlikely I will work in that capacity again. On a rig, more probable. But seeing as I’ll be working in a capacity that doesn’t require it, it was more of a longevity scenario. Do I let it lapse and then it’s difficult to get back, or do I just pay to maintain it in the event one day I get a wild hair to work rotor per diem at which point I will vet the credential thoroughly? Ya know, so have no fear, my integrity compass is solid.

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a co-worker who renewed his FP-C recently and his online verification also showed an expiration date of 2027. After about 2 weeks it was corrected to 2023 without him having to do or say anything. Simple typo.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I have a co-worker who renewed his FP-C recently and his online verification also showed an expiration date of 2027. After about 2 weeks it was corrected to 2023 without him having to do or say anything. Simple typo.
Roger that. Sounds more realistic. Question asked and final answer received.

Thanks all.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It's as if this community has many people with similar experiences that can potentially save you a bunch of time on hold with some understaffed certificatifying body or something like that.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

The great equalizer that is the interwebs has caught up to me, as predicted.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
As an addition to this thread- for my first renewal I was pretty unsure about the whole renewal process as one of the other guys at my base at the time made it sound like it was a daunting task, it really wasn’t.

The lady in charge of certifications and renewals was (is) super helpful. She was also extremely quick at replying to emails.