Forum Name

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
How did you come up with your forum name?

For me, it was easy. The "ffemt" part is obvious, I'm a FF/EMT. The 8978 is my department employee number.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Well, I was a tall, skinny kid...okay, still am. LOL There is a very embarassing picture taken of me when I was about 12 years old and it looks like I have really really long, skinny arms, like a chimp. My brother started calling me Chimp and as I got older other versions came about. Now his wife and their two kids call me Uncle Chimpie. Can't get away from it now. :)

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Jun 20 2004, 09:07 PM
Well, I was a tall, skinny kid...okay, still am. LOL There is a very embarassing picture taken of me when I was about 12 years old and it looks like I have really really long, skinny arms, like a chimp. My brother started calling me Chimp and as I got older other versions came about. Now his wife and their two kids call me Uncle Chimpie. Can't get away from it now. :)
I think I'll stick to calling you Chimpie :p

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
This is the name I use on all the forums I'm involved with and comes from my paying job as a safety professional. If you want the $1.50 definition of that, the Board of Certified Safety Professionals has a great definition here).

sunshine1026

Forum Crew Member
The sunshine part comes from high school, when I got sunburned and everyone said I was glowing "as bright as sunshine." The 1026 is my station number.

TKO

Forum Lieutenant
well TK are my initials and TKO is "too keep open" regarding IV therapy.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
And see, I thought TKO stood for Total Knock Out... and judging by your picture... wait, I have a g/f... darn-it. :angry: :blink: B)

Chimp

TKO

Forum Lieutenant
:p
LMAO...good one! Thx
Good ego boost for TK!!!
:D

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
MMiz = Matt + How the first part of my last name sounds.

I've used varations of the name since I first used AOL many years ago. I'm just used to it by now.

spunkygizmo

Forum Probie
LOL...every person I talk to online has to make some comment about MY name,lol. The Gizmo part is a nickname my boyfriend gave me when I was a junior in high school cause he said I was little and cute like Gizmo from Gremlins, and the Spunky part is just something I came up with eons ago, cause it sounded cool,lol. I use spunkygizmo for everything now,lol. :D

citizencain20

Forum Probie
This is easy - Citizen Kane is held in very high regard on my movie favorite list... I just modified 'Kane' to better reflect my families last name. :)

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Well, um, I'm a rescue lieutenant. :D

traumagirl1029

Forum Crew Member
pretty easy for mine lol...trauma - im a trauma junkie and im a girl :D ..um the 1029 use to have a special meaning *being Oct 29* but i'd rather just not go there..its also my AOL screen name so its easier to remember using the same name for everything...i am blonde..i forget things easily lol!

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Normally, I use Compumedic since I'm a computer and IT guru but sort of got tired of it. ResTech... just think it's sounds good, love rescue, and am a MFRI certified Rescue Technician and Pennsylvania Vehicle Rescue Technician (VRT).

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by traumagirl1029@Jul 11 2004, 09:50 AM
pretty easy for mine lol...trauma - im a trauma junkie and im a girl :D ..um the 1029 use to have a special meaning *being Oct 29* but i'd rather just not go there..its also my AOL screen name so its easier to remember using the same name for everything...i am blonde..i forget things easily lol!
Wouldn't have anything to do with my brother, would it? ;) His birthday is Oct. 29. :D

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
I'm a FF and the only female at my station - the guys call me the Firechic.