For the Women Paramedics...unless guys wear sports bra's

Sasha

Forum Chief
This whole post is hysterical! As if EMS is the only occupation or sport for that matter that would require a sports bra. I just don't get it. I'm a runner and somehow I managed to find a good fitting sports bra without having to consult the masses. LMAO. Maybe it's called class?

Oh dear! Your attitude towards bras is so dissapointing. We're past the point where we should be secretive, ashamed and hush hush about our bodies, it's not embarrassing to talk about bras, breasts, or any manner of "girly" things. Not all bras are cut, designed, or made equal. Not all bras are approrpriate for all occasions.

Do you think Oprah is classles when she talks about finding a properly fitting bra?

EmsPrincess*

Forum Crew Member
Oh dear! Your attitude towards bras is so dissapointing. We're past the point where we should be secretive, ashamed and hush hush about our bodies, it's not embarrassing to talk about bras, breasts, or any manner of "girly" things. Not all bras are cut, designed, or made equal. Not all bras are approrpriate for all occasions.

Do you think Oprah is classles when she talks about finding a properly fitting bra?

I think that talking to strangers about my breasts, bras, underpants, or any other girly thing shows lack of dignity and respect for my body. I certaintly do not consider Oprah as the infinite advice queen of my world. Nor the one to base my personal decisions on. Furthermore, my body image is such that regarding my undergarments as "equipment" sounds pitiful, degrading, and depreciative.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I think that talking to strangers about my breasts, bras, underpants, or any other girly thing shows lack of dignity and respect for my body. I certaintly do not consider Oprah as the infinite advice queen of my world. Nor the one to base my personal decisions on. Furthermore, my body image is such that regarding my undergarments as "equipment" sounds pitiful, degrading, and depreciative.

Who said we're strangers? I know some people on here better than my neighbors! We are a little community.

If you want to know what you may need, why not go to those who have already got it down? A bra that you wear for day to day life may not be appropriate to wear to work. For instance, I'd never wear my strapless bra to work on a truck, it's not as sturdy and confining as a regular or sports bra would be, and work is not the place to be bouncing around. This is no different than going to Victoria's Secret. You have been there, right, or is that too undignified for you?

I love my body, I'm not ashamed of it, and I have no problem talking to other people about bras, panties, or any manner of things in regards to it. (Ok, I might draw the line at "What tampon provides the best protection when you're moving around at work?")

What a shame some women are still brought up to be ashamed of their bodies to the point talking about bras is "classless"

EmsPrincess*

Forum Crew Member
Who said we're strangers? I know some people on here better than my neighbors! We are a little community.

If you want to know what you may need, why not go to those who have already got it down? A bra that you wear for day to day life may not be appropriate to wear to work. For instance, I'd never wear my strapless bra to work on a truck, it's not as sturdy and confining as a regular or sports bra would be, and work is not the place to be bouncing around. This is no different than going to Victoria's Secret. You have been there, right, or is that too undignified for you?

I love my body, I'm not ashamed of it, and I have no problem talking to other people about bras, panties, or any manner of things in regards to it. (Ok, I might draw the line at "What tampon provides the best protection when you're moving around at work?")

What a shame some women are still brought up to be ashamed of their bodies to the point talking about bras is "classless"

If you know the people on EMTLIFE better than you do your neighbors then why wouldn't you just send a private IM to the working EMS women on this site? From your response to my reply it is OBVIOUS that you already knew what kind of bra you needed. You just said: not a strapless, not a demi, not an everyday bra, so you already knew.

I'm absolutely not ashamed of my body. My body, after three children, looks just as good and can do more than many women would ever even consider trying. The fact that I choose not to discuss what I wear as undergarments does not convey shame it conveys intelligence, pride, and confidence in my own decisions.

Sasha

Forum Chief
If you know the people on EMTLIFE better than you do your neighbors then why wouldn't you just send a private IM to the working EMS women on this site? From your response to my reply it is OBVIOUS that you already knew what kind of bra you needed. You just said: not a strapless, not a demi, not an everyday bra, so you already knew.

I'm absolutely not ashamed of my body. My body, after three children, looks just as good and can do more than many women would ever even consider trying. The fact that I choose not to discuss what I wear as undergarments does not convey shame it conveys intelligence, pride, and confidence in my own decisions.

And I wasn't the one who asked the initial question. I only responded to it. Why ask one person when you can get the differeing opinions and experience of many?

How does talking about a bra indicate a lack of pride or intelligence?

EmsPrincess*

Forum Crew Member
And I wasn't the one who asked the initial question. I only responded to it. Why ask one person when you can get the differeing opinions and experience of many?

How does talking about a bra indicate a lack of pride or intelligence?

Gee...I guess it shows intelligence because I'm intelligent enough to know there are better places to seek out my answer about a bra than to ask an EMS forum full of people who are here to discuss issues pertinent to emt life not your bra size. As far as pride goes...if you don't get it then you don't have it. NEXT!:p:huh:

Hockey

Quackers
Gee...I guess it shows intelligence because I'm intelligent enough to know there are better places to seek out my answer about a bra than to ask an EMS forum full of people who are here to discuss issues pertinent to emt life not your bra size. As far as pride goes...if you don't get it then you don't have it. NEXT!:p:huh:

You know, you are fitting in really good here.

I mean with 55 posts and all, you are really rocking it out by telling people that this place is the wrong place to post their "bra" question.

They can ask whatever question they want here. Its not ALL about EMS here. Its a COMMUNITY

Sasha

Forum Chief

I've got a lot of pride, dear, I'm also comfortable enough with my body that I don't mind talking about it to others. And where would you go to talk to women who are in EMS about what kind of bra you should wear to your EMS JOB? I don't think your mommy covers that in her birds and bees and "Your body is changing, youre a woman now" talk.

It is certaintly something that has to do with EMTLife, considering it was in refrence to work an EMT/Paramedic job. It's a lot more on topic than many other threads here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockey

Quackers
OhSnap.gif

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Princess - if the topic offends you, then don't read it. Calling people who's opinion differs classless, unintelligent and lacking in pride shows a definite lack of class.

PS.. I am proud of my girls and my boob wrangling abilities. So proud that I am very close to posting a picture. (better not look - cause you will be totally offended.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Princess - if the topic offends you, then don't read it. Calling people who's opinion differs classless, unintelligent and lacking in pride shows a definite lack of class.

PS.. I am proud of my girls and my boob wrangling abilities. So proud that I am very close to posting a picture. (better not look - cause you will be totally offended.

Post the picture! Be proud of your body! Show it off! There is nothing more beautiful than a woman who is proud of her body.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Oh no. Boobies. I am so horribly offended that you would post something so undignified! Hmph!

Kookaburra

Forum Lieutenant
Oh no. Boobies. I am so horribly offended that you would post something so undignified! Hmph!

Does this mean I am disinvited from your afternoon tea, Sasha? I am afraid I shall have to write a strong letter to the EMS Ladies Auxiliary Chairwoman about your behavior! We shall see who is snubbing whom at the next salon! *fan flip*

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Divulging your bra size to a bunch of strangers just puzzles me.

Dear, not sure about the others, But, I posted because as a well endowed woman, one whom certain mainstream manufactures tried to force into garments that didn't fit because they just don't make her size, I was also trying to point out that you don't HAVE to go for a sports bra at work. That any, proper fitting, full coverage garment should do what you need it to do.

/me stops now before she says something she shouldn't, and tries to get to bed, it was a long night