For the Women Paramedics...unless guys wear sports bra's

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
... The proper term is MANZIERE

LOL. I was wondering when somebody would bring up the MANZIERE! I thought I was going to have to bring it up myself! :)

And on a serious note: I too am well endowed. A regular supportive bra constructed of good material with an underwire should do the trick. Sports bras may give you uni-boob which is about as unattractive as it gets. LOL. Supported but one mound of boob. Not so good so much.

Sasha

Forum Chief
LOL. I was wondering when somebody would bring up the MANZIERE! I thought I was going to have to bring it up myself! :)

And on a serious note: I too am well endowed. A regular supportive bra constructed of good material with an underwire should do the trick. Sports bras may give you uni-boob which is about as unattractive as it gets. LOL. Supported but one mound of boob. Not so good so much.

You're not at work to pick up guys so why is attractive an issue?

SES4

Forum Lieutenant

You need to feel good about yourself. Period. Feeling good (IN GENERAL, appearance included) about oneself equates to confidence. Personally uniboob makes me feel very self concious and more importantly uncomfortable. And quite honestly it had nothing to do with picking up men! :)

Kookaburra

Forum Lieutenant

I've found that my seatbelt doesn't fit right if I have a uniboob. Also, it's good to look as professional as possible. I don't want people to notice my breasts on the job, and a big ol' uniboob is pretty noticeable.

To the OP - before I found the following sites, I had to double bag it to keep the girls under control (36C).

http://www.titlenine.com/
http://www.athleta.com

Also, my personal fave: The Last Resort Bra. It looks like a flak jacket, but you DO NOT MOVE. Also you can get it customized, which was great for me, since my problem was that my breasts are situated higher on my chest than normal, so even if the cups fit, the straps weren't short enough.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You need to feel good about yourself. Period. Feeling good (IN GENERAL, appearance included) about oneself equates to confidence. Personally uniboob makes me feel very self concious and more importantly uncomfortable. And quite honestly it had nothing to do with picking up men! :)

I hate society's standards that your appearance dictates how you feel about yourself.

Also, it's good to look as professional as possible. I don't want people to notice my breasts on the job, and a big ol' uniboob is pretty noticeable.

Per quite a few guy friends of mine, a sports bra "uniboob" minimizes the fact the woman has breasts at all, not make them stand out. If they are looking for breasts, they are going to see them regardless of a uniboob and biboob.

Last edited by a moderator:

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
I hate society's standards that your appearance dictates how you feel about yourself.

I said in GENERAL and for some their professional appearance is included in that! To each her own! People are GENERALLY too quick to judge others. :)

Sasha

Forum Chief
And I generally recieve more harassment when wearing a compression bra.

Then you should file complaints. Sexual harrasment is unacceptable.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
As mentioned, the uniboob gets mashed by the seat belt, or it causes the seat belt to be pushed up around my neck, which is not comfortable. I also find that my chest gets rather sweaty and icky when the girls are mashed together like a pair of sardines. Ok for working out, not so great for a 12 hour shift. (Sorry men, a bit TMI, I know)

If you know a store that has a really good sports bra section they will probably have an assortment of the maximum support sports bras. These style tend to have formed cups rather than being just a band of fabric. I just found one of these and I've been wearing it for working out. It still pushes your breasts together, but you don't get the uniboob like you do with the other style. Maybe look into those?

Sasha

Forum Chief
For the seat belt problem, auto part stores sell little clips that help keep your seat belt from around your neck.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Right, and are they safety rated for a crash? Are they going to hold or snap? Not worth the risk of it preventing the seat belt from doing what it's supposed to be. I would much rather just wear a bra that is comfortable and keeps the twins in their individual packages then start reinventing the wheel just to wear an uncomfortable sports bra all day.

Sparky21

Forum Probie
It is a good way to keep the girls locked and loaded. :p

I love it!!! I have been gifted with a pair of 34FF and do most of my regular bra shopping at Fredericks of Hollywood. They are the only place i have been able to find in Phoenix that carries a comfortable (non granny) bra that fits and hangs on to the girls. When working i wear one of those and a camsal under my uniform. When working out i double on a two good sports bras...:rolleyes:

Sasha

Forum Chief
There are ones that are crash and safety tested. And sports bras aren't the only thing that causes a belt to slip up onto someone's neck. Some short but stacked women find the seat belt at their neck despite wearing a sports bra or a regular bra. It also can help to readjust the lap belt.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Someone had to do it.......
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

NJN

The Young One
I have to agree with BLS Boy

ttiwwp.gif

But I'ed like to point out, mine is bigger B)

Epi-do

I see dead people
I'd have to agree that getting properly fitted is the most important thing you can do. After that, buy something that fits properly and is comfortable.

Personally, durring the day I prefer to wear an underwire. Once I switch into my "comfy" uniform (shorts/tshirt) for the night, I switch to a sports bra because it is more comfortable for me to sleep in while at the firehouse.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
At times (like... all the time) I'm happy I'm a male. No need to have things flopping all around my face.

----

"That's what she said"