FDNY EMS Candidates

Silver67

Forum Ride Along
I am a EMS candidate from exam #7000, list number #10x. I finished my process and paperwork back in August and was preparing for October's academy. I didn't get in. I was skipped. I received a letter in the mail mid November saying "You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion to three separate vacancies. Such ineligibility is only for the above-named agency (FDNY). Therefore, you can be recertified to that agency only upon that agency's request."
I've been calling my investigator and the FDNY main number and no one wants to tell me what this letter means. They keep telling me the only person who can tell me is Peggy. But she is never available any day of the week......can anybody tell me what this letter means?
Nope, I didn't deferred the academy. I never was called for one. I just want does my letter mean disqualified or not.

centrals

Forum Probie
Nope, I didn't deferred the academy. I never was called for one. I just want does my letter mean disqualified or not.

I got the same letter. It's their way of DQing you using the 1-in-3 rule. You really have no recourse but to apply and try again.
My DQ was background related.
I applied a year later and was hired for the first class off that list.

Silver67

Forum Ride Along
I got the same letter. It's their way of DQing you using the 1-in-3 rule. You really have no recourse but to apply and try again.
My DQ was background related.
I applied a year later and was hired for the first class off that list.
What's the 1 in 3 rule?

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
I am 2x on list #7031 just got the call I deferred for the next class. Investigator said it will be fall and confirmed the summer class will be the cadet trainee’s

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Sweat pants and running sneakers. They're going to make us run building to building.

This. You’re also gonna be trying on a bunch of stuff. You’ll meet the drill instructors and they will tell you what to do. It’s pretty imperative you listen to everything they say, and step lively.