FDNY EMS Candidates

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Oh wow. That’s a tough one. Sorry. Maybe you can call investigator and see if any other options as far as weekends for med/psych and explain the situation . Hopefully someone else on here will share some advice that’s been through the whole process. I’m sure it will all work out.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I hope it works out one way or another. If it really comes down to it I will just call out sick but I don’t want to become unemployed until February or whenever I am called for the academy haha

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
Thanks man I appreciate it. I hope it works out one way or another. If it really comes down to it I will just call out sick but I don’t want to become unemployed until February or whenever I am called for the academy haha
Lol I hear ya

PJQ

Forum Ride Along
Was supposed to take my PAT on 10/14/17 (Exam #7031), unfortunately badly sprained my knee the week before and called/emailed to postpone my PAT. Last week, got a letter in the mail stating "Notice for Proposed Disqualification" for missing the PAT. Knee has completely healed now and ready to take the PAT. Anyone ever have to postpone their PAT due to an injury/illness? Any information would help. Thanks.

bigtimecards

Forum Probie
Yeah had my PAT 9/23 but had just broke my ankle, sent the email to postpone, got the automated response but then got my proposed disqualification on 10/10 for not showing. I answered the letter immediately through email, stating what had happened but I didnt hear back for nearly a month. My 30 days to respond expired on 11/4 so since I didnt hear back yet, I sent another email with every medical document I had to cover all my bases so they had it before I ran out of time on 11/3. Then Monday 11/6 I got a call basically saying "yea your fine, when do you do think you'll be ready to test" Not sure if they finally responded because I had sent a better email, or they wait the 30 days to respond. For an injury, I think this is the 30 days to just prove what happened. Good luck

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
When you fill out the employment history in application, they have a list of reasons for leaving. Do they just want you to write the reasons they listed or give more detail and the reasons they listed?

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
When you fill out the employment history in application, they have a list of reasons for leaving. Do they just want you to write the reasons they listed or give more detail and the reasons they listed?

I recall them saying that the list they give you were the only acceptable reasons, that’s what I used.

DrewS95

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I from list 7031 and mid investigation. I’m trying to estimate what academy I would going into, figuring the other list must be called first does anyone have a good educated guess on how large test 7000 was?

Valley42

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, I from list 7031 and mid investigation. I’m trying to estimate what academy I would going into, figuring the other list must be called first does anyone have a good educated guess on how large test 7000 was?
I’m 7031 too, there’s a February class which I believe will be all 7000. So I’m guessing after that they will start with 7031. I could be wrong. I did intake waiting for letter for the medical.