FDNY EMS Candidates

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Told to bring the duffel as well. Besides the duffel, notebook, offer letter, EMT card/license, and the money order, anything else we need to bring?
Lunch and Water in case you rather just have it instead of spending cash. Be there on time and get ready to be bored. Then Tuesday the fun begins. Good luck.
I will see you around at Fort Totten.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
The postal order thing must be new, because my class had two different sets of paperwork that had different dollar amounts we were supposed to bring. They let us run down to the 7-11 on Flatbush to get it checked out.

To the dude with the tie clip issue, here’s lesson one about double and triple checking everything. They gave you a receipt at qm with all the stuff you’re supposed to have. They do not have that stuff at hq. hopefully someone can hook you up, or they’re gonna grill you tomorrow.

Dude I paid with a Check cashing check M.O. THINGS have changed lol
Paramedic class is no joke, all good though, enjoying it and have zero life lol

JosephTent

Forum Crew Member
Can’t wait to be on the job. Exam no. 7031. Can anyone give me a time frame of when I should get my list #? I’ve read the other pages, 3-6 months and 6-12 months for the whole process.

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
Can’t wait to be on the job. Exam no. 7031. Can anyone give me a time frame of when I should get my list #? I’ve read the other pages, 3-6 months and 6-12 months for the whole process.
I’m on list 7031 got my list # and took my physical already

Jesus935

Forum Crew Member
I’m on list 7031 got my list # and took my physical already
So check the mail everyday for the medical letter and also the psych letter. It will come in the mail. Also always have your phone connected and the volume high your investigator will call you it's going to be a 718 999 number.

Jesus935

Forum Crew Member
So check the mail everyday for the medical letter and also the psych letter. It will come in the mail. Also always have your phone connected and the volume high your investigator will call you it's going to be a 718 999 number.
To go do the background interview.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member

It’s all depending on the needs of the department, it can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years from applying until being sworn in.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
To those that were at Fort Totten today, Gotta say you guys were running and the day didn't even start lol. Don't burn yourselves out so early in the AM. relax til you have to go in. when you are settled in do yourselves a favor and take the study group before your 7 am class. usually starts at 6/6:30 don't remember. You will benefit from these study group class with the instructor.
Enjoy your time at the Fort.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
Exam 7031 list # 2x I did my physical agility already and just got contacted for background interview. Do I have a decent chance at February?