FDNY EMS Candidates

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Man they are changing things up and getting stricter on this. I paid with a regualr money from the check cashing place.

Yeh doesn’t really make sense, I was in the last class and got mine from the bank. A money order is a money order

AbbasM55

Forum Probie
I’m thinking worse case scenario, if they let us step out, there’s a post office in a 10 minute walking distance for us to get the money order at 271 Cadman Plaza E #1, Brooklyn, NY 11201 and the hours are from 7am to 8pm.

JohnEmt

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, getting uniform together for tomorrow and realized they didn't give me a tie clip. Can I buy one at metro for tomorrow? Are they gonna give me **** for not having one?

Cmushlit

Forum Probie
I’m thinking worse case scenario, if they let us step out, there’s a post office in a 10 minute walking distance for us to get the money order at 271 Cadman Plaza E #1, Brooklyn, NY 11201 and the hours are from 7am to 8pm.

I actually went the morning of. I was on the train down and realized I completely forgot the money order sitting on my desk. I got to the bank before 7 and was the first one in at 7. Took about 3 minutes and then I ran down to HQ. still wasn’t even close to the last one.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
The tie clip doesn’t come in that little bag with collar/ hat pins, and you don’t bring your black bag to orientation at metrotech

AronSham

Forum Probie
Told to bring the duffel as well. Besides the duffel, notebook, offer letter, EMT card/license, and the money order, anything else we need to bring?

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
The postal order thing must be new, because my class had two different sets of paperwork that had different dollar amounts we were supposed to bring. They let us run down to the 7-11 on Flatbush to get it checked out.

To the dude with the tie clip issue, here’s lesson one about double and triple checking everything. They gave you a receipt at qm with all the stuff you’re supposed to have. They do not have that stuff at hq. hopefully someone can hook you up, or they’re gonna grill you tomorrow.