FDNY EMS Candidates

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Just an FYI when you are almost done with the academy you can also purchase at Quartermaster a good leather ID Shield wallet it will last you a long time made of good leather, good investment. Once you receive your shields which is when you receive your stations.

Example Pic. But the one they sell is nicer and made especially for FDNY EMS shields

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 273

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Somebody at HQ mentioned the $9.00 money order for the swear in has to be from the post office?

No any money order will do. I’m guessing they were just telling you that you can get it at a post office. I got mine at Chase w/o a fee since I have an account with them

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Just an FYI when you are almost done with the academy you can also purchase at Quartermaster a good leather ID Shield wallet it will last you a long time made of good leather, good investment. Once you receive your shields which is when you receive your stations.

Example Pic. But the one they sell is nicer and made especially for FDNY EMS shields

I wish I knew about this, I may have to grab one next time I’m at fort totten.

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
They told us specifically postal order or nothing
+1 on this

Someone in the class presented a money order from a bank he had in advance, the personnel had denied acceptance and stated that the bank will gladly refund your money without hassle.

Rye

Forum Probie
So a western union Money order is no good then? ...Oh boy this is bad, it's sunday & post offices aren't open.

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
So a western union Money order is no good then? ...Oh boy this is bad, it's sunday & post offices aren't open.
I was in your position last night, took a ride out to 34th Street in Manhattan and got myself a money order.

Reactions: Rye

Rye

Forum Probie
I was in your position last night, took a ride out to 34th Street in Manhattan and got myself a money order.

Is it the post office on 421 8th Ave? I googled searched it .. says they're open but when I called the operator says they're closed

Future923

Forum Crew Member
Thank you! Will be heading there now then
Yes. It closes 4:30 so hurry!! It’s all the way downstairs. Walk in trough Bloomingdales straight until you see the escalator and take it downstairs. Then just walk straight. Good luck!!!

Reactions: Rye

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
+1 on this

Someone in the class presented a money order from a bank he had in advance, the personnel had denied acceptance and stated that the bank will gladly refund your money without hassle.

Really ? wow things have changed then. mine was a simple money order