FDNY EMS Candidates

Rye

Forum Probie
You need the documentation. Your valid emt card signed. 2 black pens. Drivers licenses. And the letter which they'll prob give to you tomorrow. Dress well for tomorrow as we had too. The room you report to is 3s-2 a half hour earlier then your appointment time. Best of luck
Also there is a parking garage right outside the foot of the manhattan bridge at the cross of tillary street which was affordable and had no prob with spots.

Thank you really appreciate the info, I was called today for academy, I never received any letter by mail or any emails regarding the heads up.. I was suppose to get an email with instructions & information after the phone call but never received it, which left me all confused.. thanks everyone for being so helpful

AronSham

Forum Probie
Hey I just received my phone call today for academy.. talk about short notice found out orientation is Monday the 16th, uniform fitting is Friday the 13th at fort totten... I was suppose to receive an email with the rest of the information but never did .. tomorrow I'm suppose to get my ID picture taken.. I'm guessing that's at head quarters at metro tech right? & orientation is at fort totten? Thanks in advance
You could email your investigator and they will send you a PDF of the paperwork.... they did it for me as I moved addresses, but was never updated in their system.

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
Probably answered already, but didn't see anything a few pages back..... is there a required dress code for uniform fitting?

Comfortable clothes that you can take off easy. You will be trying on a lot of stuff. Also, I advice to wear sneakers. You will be running from one building to another picking up stuff. They expect you to double time until you graduate.

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
Can anyone describe the feeling you get when they call you for the academy? Which call was better? The academy or your first call for the CPAT/psychological

The call for the academy was better cause at that moment I knew I had passed all the hiring process and the relief knowing that I didn't get disqualified is priceless.

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
What's are the requirements for running, push up, and sit ups?
Like how many do you have to be able to do?

There is no requirement, as long as they see that you are trying and don't give up. Go on your own pace but don't give up. If you get tired from running just slow down and jog but don't stop. For push ups and sit ups, same thing, go on your own pace, pause for a bit if you have ti but continue. On the other hand, if you get punished, then you are required to do as many push-ups as they tell you too.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Probably answered already, but didn't see anything a few pages back..... is there a required dress code for uniform fitting?

I have posted about this in the past. Remember you are at METRO TECH where all the bosses are, you are still in the hiring process so look presentable and not like you are going to the beach. well groomed, neatly dressed for your ID photos.

Uniform day at Fort Totten wear sweats and sneakers THEY WILL BE LOOKING AT YOU so RUN, do not casually walk to all the places you have to be at picking up gear,

BoSoxNYC

Forum Probie
Nervous about the academy. Skimming through the old posts and got me all nervous.
Totally normal to feel that way, but trust me when I say you will be fine. Best advice I can give is to listen carefully to anything they tell you and stay organized. Prep everything you need ahead of time and always be early. Your attitude goes a very long way. There is more than enough help for anyone that struggles a bit with academics, they will not let you down there.
Follow the rules and respect everyone, from your instructors, to your classmates to the people that clean the buildings. It will fly by and you'll have a ton of fun. Good luck and welcome to the family!

Ambalampdriver10

Forum Ride Along
I got called literally about 20 minutes ago, I also asked about the EMS Trainee class talk, investigator said that another academy will be going in February off of 7000, and that they will begging using the EMS Trainee list in the summer academy

AronSham

Forum Probie
Hey guys.... was looking into buying a car for the academy. Does anyone know if most stations have parking available or is better to hold off on the car since I won't find parking?