FDNY EMS Candidates

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
If it’s easy for you to take mass transit to metrotech do it, if you need to drive get the spothero app and it’ll show you the nearby garages and if you reserve thru them there are a couple between $12-20.

Fort Totten there’s plenty of parking and you’ll be instructed on where to park on your first day there.

Like any job leave early and plan to get where ever 30min to an hr early in case something comes up such as traffic, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
If it’s easy for you to take mass transit to metrotech do it, if you need to drive get the spothero app and it’ll show you the nearby garages and if you reserve thru them there are a couple between $12-20.

Fort Totten there’s plenty of parking and you’ll be instructed on where to park on your first day there.

Like any job leave early and plan to get where ever 30min to an hr early in case something comes up such as traffic, etc

Mass transportation is always to go for me in regards for MetroTech but the academy, I was hoping for parking. After completing the academy, how long is it before you can put your name in on the list for the Medic class?

Rory

Forum Crew Member
For the day that we have to go to Ft. Totten, if we want to buy extra stuff (tie pins belts bags) do we pay in cash or card?

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Mass transportation is always to go for me in regards for MetroTech but the academy, I was hoping for parking. After completing the academy, how long is it before you can put your name in on the list for the Medic class?

It’s thru dcas, since the last test just came out in July I’m guessing it’ll be a little before the next one. But you should be able to sign up whenever it does come out.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
For the day that we have to go to Ft. Totten, if we want to buy extra stuff (tie pins belts bags) do we pay in cash or card?

They might make you hold off on the extra ties, belts, etc until after quartermaster day but I always used card

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
Tomorrow is ID & paperwork day for me. The pictures that are being taken for our IDs, would it be for the academy only or for even after graduating the academy?

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
This question cracked me up. I feel like y'all are just trying to think of things to ask. But yes, that picture will be on your FDNY ID.
I like how a forum is supposed to be based upon questions, regardless of it being amusing or not.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I like how a forum is supposed to be based upon questions, regardless of it being amusing or not.

Patel I hear you, and I have posted very informative info repeatedly over and over again, NOW if people really wanted to find out answers that have been posted here over and over ( as I have been one posting answers) all they need to do is go back a few pages in this thread. I was one that was always helping answer questions some had. BUT when you have an moron like @spaceferret be a smart@ss and post that he had the answers and didn't need any of us who have been here help.
Makes many of us bail out, so not amusing. Wish many going in good luck. Hope spaceferret goes into the academy with the same attitude, he will learn the meaning of the word team effort.

I have posted before any questions many are welcome to inbox me for answers.

JosephTent

Forum Crew Member
Can anyone describe the feeling you get when they call you for the academy? Which call was better? The academy or your first call for the CPAT/psychological

kkmyers68

Forum Ride Along
Last and final question, what’s the minimum age to drive the bus on fire.

I think you have to be 21. I'm 18 will be applying for FDNY when I'm 19. Last I heard a graduate from the FDNY high school became an EMT at 18. You have to be 18 to apply for FDNY.