FDNY EMS Candidates

Ericmark

Forum Probie
Just got the letter about orientation and it reads
(Due to class size, orientation may extend beyond 4:00 pm... 2 additional hours) this academy must be a big class

bigtimecards

Forum Probie
Anyone have any experience with the notice of proposed disqualification? Broke my ankle 3 days prior to receiving the PAT notice, so I emailed them to postpone, got the automated email saying I would receive additional instructions in 7-10 days. Never received anything so I called acouple of times when I didnt hear for 2+ weeks, was told to just wait for the next letter. Now a month later I just got my proposed disqualification for failing to show to my PAT.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Just got the letter about orientation and it reads
(Due to class size, orientation may extend beyond 4:00 pm... 2 additional hours) this academy must be a big class

No it is 75 per class = 150 not a big class like they had a year and half ago.
That is a standard on all classes that due to size time will be extended etc etc

AronSham

Forum Probie
Probably answered already, but didn't see anything a few pages back..... is there a required dress code for uniform fitting?

Ericmark

Forum Probie
NYC Union Workers Please be aware that on Election Day (11/7), the BACK of the ballot will have a referendum to vote on a NY Constitutional Conference or "Con Con." Placing it on the back was a DELIBERATE move!!
If this passes, it will be a disaster for NY.
ALL CURRENT AND FORMER public employees (police officers, firemen, teachers, teaching aides, librarians, bus drivers, lunch aides, etc.) stand to lose a great deal, including their pensions!
If you love anyone that is currently or ever has been a public employee, please TURN YOUR BALLOT OVER and vote NO. Please share this.

Rye

Forum Probie
Hey I just received my phone call today for academy.. talk about short notice found out orientation is Monday the 16th, uniform fitting is Friday the 13th at fort totten... I was suppose to receive an email with the rest of the information but never did .. tomorrow I'm suppose to get my ID picture taken.. I'm guessing that's at head quarters at metro tech right? & orientation is at fort totten? Thanks in advance

Future923

Forum Crew Member
Hey I just received my phone call today for academy.. talk about short notice found out orientation is Monday the 16th, uniform fitting is Friday the 13th at fort totten... I was suppose to receive an email with the rest of the information but never did .. tomorrow I'm suppose to get my ID picture taken.. I'm guessing that's at head quarters at metro tech right? & orientation is at fort totten? Thanks in advance
Orientation is at MetroTech

AbbasM55

Forum Probie
IMG_6008.JPG

Make sure you bring in employment verification from this list. Most people had their passports. Basically proof that you are allowed to work.

Reactions: Rye

Emscan321

Forum Probie
What are the chances of them reaching high 500's for this academy... I'm afraid if I somehow get called I'm not gonna give my job any notice they will be soo pissed lol.

AbbasM55

Forum Probie
What are the chances of them reaching high 500's for this academy... I'm afraid if I somehow get called I'm not gonna give my job any notice they will be soo pissed lol.

They told us today they will call people all the way until Friday to show up for this academy.

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Got it, thank you once again.
You need the documentation. Your valid emt card signed. 2 black pens. Drivers licenses. And the letter which they'll prob give to you tomorrow. Dress well for tomorrow as we had too. The room you report to is 3s-2 a half hour earlier then your appointment time. Best of luck
Also there is a parking garage right outside the foot of the manhattan bridge at the cross of tillary street which was affordable and had no prob with spots.

Reactions: Rye